MBPhoto: Keep aspect ratio of photos

heula

In MBPhoto when I am on a photo that photo is shown as backdrop also. That's nice but it would be a lot better when the photos are kept in aspecct ratio.

For example the portrait photo's are stretched out over the screen.

Same thing for the photo thumbs.

I really would like MBphoto to show photos as backdrops and photothumbs in the original format.

An example of a stretched portrait photo.

525d42d2173f6_MBPhotonoaspectratioportra

Edited by heula

This is a function of the theme, not the plug-in.  Most themes are expecting 16x9 backdrops and fill the screen with them.  There isn't a lot we'll be able to do here.

This is a function of the theme, not the plug-in.  Most themes are expecting 16x9 backdrops and fill the screen with them.  There isn't a lot we'll be able to do here.

Too bad but perhaps themes can make exceptions for items that are catagorized as "collection type: Photos"

525d40cec3721_Capture_107.jpg

Maybe these collection types can be set to keep aspect ratio?

Edited by heula

The issue is that most themes were developed for MB2 and are not being maintained/modified.  Any that are new could potentially do this but it would be a function of the theme.

The issue is that most themes were developed for MB2 and are not being maintained/modified.  Any that are new could potentially do this but it would be a function of the theme.

Okay thanks. I was a NEO user by now i'm all into the ROC. Gonna ask leedavies if it's an option.

leedavies

Okay thanks. I was a NEO user by now i'm all into the ROC. Gonna ask leedavies if it's an option.

Currently, backdrops default to stretching/possibly distorting to fill the whole screen.  I'll look into adding a folder view settings option to preserve backdrop original aspect ratio so you can set it by folder/collection.

Currently, backdrops default to stretching/possibly distorting to fill the whole screen.  I'll look into adding a folder view settings option to preserve backdrop original aspect ratio so you can set it by folder/collection.

Cool, thanks a lot.

• 2 months later...

Can we expect this setting any time soon?

Thanks