Library error with DSM7 upgrade

Kama-Jeremy
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Kama-Jeremy

I just upgraded my synology to DSM7 and like many didn't realize the process it would be. I also could not follow the entire instructions for the guide. The video was not working as well, it says unavailable. 

First I was having trouble with emby not being able to locate the file location of my media on my drive. I solved that with giving the permissions with the system internal user settings. But after I select the correct file path and hit  OK at the bottom to save it, I get the following error message

image.jpeg.779f3f067c76f0900775ba5a00805cc3.jpeg

Not sure how to correct this issue. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Here is the screenshot of my permissions

image.jpeg.537cb7c378691a6a1b5a1759d9a62401.jpeg

FrostByte

Did you accomplish all the putty commands from the instructions?  You may have file permissions problems.

Please attach the server log from when you tried to add your library.

Kama-Jeremy

That's where I got lost, I'm not sure how to do those steps. Also, how do I attach the server log?

Edited by Kama-Jeremy

Happy2Play

Did you downgrade your server version?  As there are beta plugins in this 4.6.7.0 install along with database errors for a column that don't exist.

Kama-Jeremy

I was on the Emby beta before, then just installed the normal version after the upgrade to DSM7. 

• Solution
Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, Kama-Jeremy said:

I was on the Emby beta before, then just installed the normal version after the upgrade to DSM7. 

Technically 4.6.7.0 is old now as 4.7.2.0 is the current release.  Can you install that version to see if you run in to the same or different issues?

• Like 2