Request: iframe or some other kind of viewer

negativzeroe

negativzeroe

For some items such as books I would like to use something to actually read, and it would be convenient to be able to access another self hosted app via Emby.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Nattfoedd said:

Hi,

is there a timeline or something for this project?

Hi, not yet, but better book support is in our plans.

• 2 weeks later...
negativzeroe
On 9/28/2022 at 8:17 AM, Nattfoedd said:

Hi,

is there a timeline or something for this project?

No, they've been saying that for the better part of a decade. I've since turned off my book libraries and installed Calibre web and Audiobookshelf because I got sick of emby failing entirely to save where I was in an audiobook.

sydlexius
17 hours ago, negativzeroe said:

No, they've been saying that for the better part of a decade. I've since turned off my book libraries and installed Calibre web and Audiobookshelf because I got sick of emby failing entirely to save where I was in an audiobook.

I jumped on board with Audiobookshelf earlier this year, and am largely satisfied with the project.  With that said, I've found that position saving only works reliably when you limit listening to a single device, and definitely not when you cast audiobooks.

negativzeroe
14 minutes ago, sydlexius said:

I jumped on board with Audiobookshelf earlier this year, and am largely satisfied with the project.  With that said, I've found that position saving only works reliably when you limit listening to a single device, and definitely not when you cast audiobooks.

I've not had that issue, but I will say I only use my phone and web on my laptop. But I literally have come home from getting groceries, halfway through a 2 hour mp3 (multiple in book), and went to go listen again and it started over. And this was from the normal view, not downloads folder. Since I know that has never worked.