Live TV Playback Error No compatible streams are currently available.

Ian_King

Ian_King

Recently installed Emby Server (4.7.2.0) onto a Windows 11 machine.

I then succesfully installed a Hauppauge WinTV-soloHD tuner and WinTV10, which is all working fine.

I activated Emby Premiere and then added this tuner, and then downloaded the Emby guide.

In LiveTV I can now see all TV programs available to me and the Guide has loaded fine as well.

However when I try to play Live TV (and presumambly if I then tried to record) I get the following error message;

Playback Error No compatible streams are currently available.

I have rebooted Emby server and still get the same error.

I have read through some of the other posts that relate to the same error but in those cases the setups were different.

I have attached the end of the log file which should have the relevant information.

embyserver (1).txt

justinrh

Is there any way you can verify some other application is not using the tuner?  I know there is a lot of interaction between the Hauppauge apps (signal quality monitor, EPG update, remote streaming server, etc) and the tuner.  I use an API to check the status of my HDHomeRun, but I don't know of an API for the Hauppauge tuners.  Maybe a Hauppauge log file will give you a clue (I know they like log files!).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ian_King

Hi Luke,

Apologies for the delay in replying.

I am currently running 4.7.5.0.

However the problem fixed itself. I think what was happening was that WinTV 10 software was running in the background and preventing Emby from using the Hauppauge WinTV-soloHD tuner.

I did read that installing this software (which Hauppauge charge separately for even though you have bought their tuner) was essential to getting this tuner to work with Emby. This is clearly not the case, as both WinTV and Emby seem not able to co-exist.

Anyway problem solved and LiveTV is working fautlessly.

Thanks 

• Thanks 1