Problems and Questions with Kodi Addon

jmangan

jmangan

I'm using Emby Server on CentOS 7 (I know, I need to upgrade; the latest Emby Server update won't install. But that's a separate question)

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3 with OSMC (Kodi 19.4). Estuary skin.

I realised that my OSMC installation hadn't applied any patches since Nov. 2020. A quick look showed that it was time for an upgrade so I wiped it and installed the latest OSMC image.

I then followed the standard instructions here:  https://kodi.emby.media/

This is where I start feeling a bit stupid. I've done this plenty of times in the past but not for a while.

I followed Option 2 - sideload: set up the source, installed the repository from zip, went to the add-ons - nothing!

I tried this several times but never saw any Emby addons. I wiped the card and started again - same result. I've never had a problem with this before.

I could see that the repository was successfully installed but no Emby Addons were visible. Is that me or does this method just no longer work with Kodi 19.4? 

So then I downloaded the addon zip (it was around this time that I realised that 'Emby for Kodi' was no longer supported and I needed to use 'Emby for Kodi (next Gen)') to a windows machine, WinSCP-ed it across to the Pi, installed it and now I have addons available. But now I have to keep checking for updates and apply them manually in future?

That's the main problem part, but now I come to the question part.

On my server I have libraries for: Movies, TV shows, Music Videos, Home Movies, Photos.

When I first started using Emby years ago once I synched up Emby for Kodi these libraries were naturally and, apparently automatically, matched up to the entries on the Kodi menu. This isn't happening now. I have Movies, TV Shows and Music but Music and Home Videos don't appear and there doesn't even seem to be a 'Photos' addon any more. What's that about? [Edit: Ignore this bit. I can see the Pictures Addon now].

I know there are File Node editors and I'm going to have to go and do some digging to get it working but is there any reason why things seem to have gone backwards (from my perspective)? 

Is there a better skin I could use that would make this 'just work' as it used to?

Thanks for reading and any info would be welcomed.

Edited by jmangan
Corrected information about Pictures Addon

TeamB
1 hour ago, jmangan said:

went to the add-ons - nothing!

Some times when you install the addon repo you might need to do a check for updates before the repo content will show up.

image.thumb.png.b2031f530600c642e95afaddd0764e87.png

jmangan

Thanks TeamB, I *think* I tried that but there was a lot of back and forth (possibly some swearing) so I could be mistaken.

I've got a spare Pi; I might try it on that rather than lose the progress I've made.

TeamB

Pi's are great as clients, i use https://libreelec.tv/ and have a few spare mem card around to experiment with new versions etc, swapping mem cards and being able to just pop the old one back in when i want a stable system again is awesome.

• Agree 1

jmangan

Well I tried this again on a clean build.

The repo is installed but I'm not getting any Emby options.

I tried forcing an update as you suggested but it seems to have made no difference.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I've never had this problem before.

Weird.

TeamB

Did you endable the unknown sources for addons?

Here is a quick video I have for installing EmbyCon but 90% is just getting the repo installed so it is the same steps for any addon. I did not have to do a force refresh or anything, after the notification the repo was installed I just go to the repo and select the addon I want to install.