Emby stops playback after one song or after some minutes on Chromecast

hanssax

hanssax

Hi, I stream my music from a Synology DS218 to a cromecast audio. I allways play the folder entirely but sometimes Emby sees only the first track. Other times it sees all the tracks, and the strange thing is that it is not allways the same behaviour on the same folder. Another annoying thing is that often Emby stop playing after a few minutes.

I recently updated Emby server on the Synology. 

Hans Woutersen

Hi, this should be improved with the next update to the Emby iOS app. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, please try the latest update to the Emby iOS app and let us know how that compares. Thanks.

hanssax

I have updated my iPhone, I didn't find an update for the iPad. At first it looked ok, but after a quarter of an hour the stream stopped. On the iPhone the music continued but without sound, I saw the timer was still counting but without sound. I disconnected and started again, then the same thing happened after a few minutes 

On 6/27/2022 at 3:02 AM, hanssax said:

I have updated my iPhone, I didn't find an update for the iPad. At first it looked ok, but after a quarter of an hour the stream stopped. On the iPhone the music continued but without sound, I saw the timer was still counting but without sound. I disconnected and started again, then the same thing happened after a few minutes 

Hi, what do you mean by the music continued on the phone? I thought this was about Chromecast? Are you saying it switched playing from Chromecast to the phone?

hanssax

Hi Luke,

maybe I should describe my system a bit more clear. I have a Synology DS218 Play where I have stored all my cd's to. I stream with my iPhne or my iPad to a chromecast audio (the yellow one) which is connected to a B&O S8 connection hb. The same hub I use for the sound of my television set. so the connection hub is ok.

This afternoon everything worked fine, I used my iPhone and I could play records and switch between records. This evening I tried streaming from my iPad, after a few minutes the sound stopped, on my iPad I could see the time in Emby was still running so Emby was playing although it didn't generate sound, nor on the B&O nor on the iPad itself. I will try tomorrow again streaming from my iPhone. maybe the iPad app is not updated yet?

Thanks again for your response

Hans

hanssax

Hi Luke,

today I tried playinf from my iPhone to the google chromecast, it was awful, after a few minutes the sound stopped altogether although on my iPhione I saw the timeline was still running. Enby was streaming but it couldn't hold the connection with tehe chromecast. This afternoon I streamd to my other system, Solo one without any problems. Do you think you can fix the problem withe the chromecast or do you recommend another device?

thanks in advance

Hans

Can you please attach the emby server log from when this happened?

I tested for two hours of straight playback yesterday with no problems. I even put the emby iOS app into the background in case that would make a difference.

hanssax

Hi Luke,

here are the logfiles, I see there is a new server version, I'll install this as soon as possible, for now, I am going two weeks on hiolliday, so we'll speak again later this month.

best wishes,

Hans

hardware_detection-63792778741.txt hardware_detection-63792865170.txt embyserver-63792918159.txt hardware_detection-63792951568.txt embyserver.txt embyserver-63792745355.txt embyserver-63792831759.txt

• 3 weeks later...
hanssax

Hi Luke,

I am back from my vacation, I have trouble finding the right file. I us a Synology DS218 Play NAS, so far I 've tried these updates:

@FrostByte

image.png.809d183f43f674581a0cdbffd9aa6c73.png

but none of them seems to work on my system. I have installed currently Emby server 4.8.0.0 Beta, te settings page suggests that there should be a 4.8.0.7 update, but as said, I can't find the right version. Could you help me here please?

thanks,

Hans

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2022 at 1:38 PM, hanssax said:

Hi Luke,

I am back from my vacation, I have trouble finding the right file. I us a Synology DS218 Play NAS, so far I 've tried these updates:

@FrostByte

but none of them seems to work on my system. I have installed currently Emby server 4.8.0.0 Beta, te settings page suggests that there should be a 4.8.0.7 update, but as said, I can't find the right version. Could you help me here please?

thanks,

Hans

image.png

hi @hanssax for your model, what do our download instructions point to?

https://emby.media/synology-server.html

• Like 1

FrostByte
On 7/25/2022 at 1:38 PM, hanssax said:

Hi Luke,

@FrostByte

thanks,

Hans

image.png

If you click on the link at the top of the download page called "architecture of your Synology NAS" you should be able to find your NAS and it looks like it's an armv8.

23 hours ago, hanssax said:

Thanks very much, it is indeed armv8

HI, are you all set now?