Emby-next-gen on Kodi 19 can't update series automaticlly

Tomxu

Hi there, since I've been using emby next gen I've noticed that new series are not automatically updated on Kodi. The library on the emby server is updated but never visible on Kodi, I have to manually take the fix action to the series library on Kodi to get it to work. (updating the library also doesn't work) However my movies library works fine.

I have tried reinstalling kodi companion and resetting the database, but the problem persists.

Kodi version 19.4
emby-next-gen version 6.2.15

quickmic

Please send me a kodi.log for review.

You can also try 6.20 or 7.x

I know (new TV-Shows) are synced.

It cannot be a general issue, must be specific to your setup.

Maybe I find something in the log.

just tried to clip the file from NAS and moved back and Kodi updated immediately.But when I downloaded from Internet it can't recognize series.

kodi.log

quickmic
18 minutes ago, Tomxu said:

just tried to clip the file from NAS and moved back and Kodi updated immediately.But when I downloaded from Internet it can't recognize series.

kodi.log 2.32 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks

Debug mode not necessary. Regular mode is sufficient.

I don't see any showstoppers. I assume you use native mode? If you have no specific reason for native access, use addon mode. It makes much less trouble.

You have NFS permission issues. If you insist on native mode, please fix them:

2022-06-15 22:05:33.496 T:6802     INFO <general>: CNFSFile::Open: Unable to open file : 'volume2/series//怪奇物语S02.Stranger.Things.2017.1080p.Blu-ray.x265.AC3£cXcY@FRDS/Stranger.Things.S02E06.2017.1080p.Blu-ray.x265.AC3£cXcY@FRDS.mkv'  error : 'open call failed with "NFS: Lookup of /怪奇物语S02.Stranger.Things.2017.1080p.Blu-ray.x265.AC3£cXcY@FRDS/Stranger.Things.S02E06.2017.1080p.Blu-ray.x265.AC3£cXcY@FRDS.mkv failed with NFS3ERR_NOENT(-2)"'
2022-06-15 22:05:33.496 T:6802    ERROR <general>: CFileCache::Open - <nfs://192.168.1.9/volume2/series//怪奇物语S02.Stranger.Things.2017.1080p.Blu-ray.x265.AC3cXcY@FRDS/Stranger.Things.S02E06.2017.1080p.Blu-ray.x265.AC3cXcY@FRDS.mkv> failed to open

I assume Kodi deletes the new TV SHows/episodes (by itself) cause no (nfs) access.

Also I see several connection msg on Kodi start. I assume at this point Emby server was no up? -> Just checking, no problem here.

Finally, as you use Kodi 19.4, try latest 7.x version. Many issues are fixed by this version, even if it's beta. I think the risk finding a major showstopper is negligible. On the other hand, many (code) design flaws are fixed.

Edited by quickmic