Locked out of Emby

Bliesner

Bliesner

Hi all.

So I was messing around with Emby, and set it up on my Synology DS218+ at a remote location.  All going well, until I realised I didn't write down my password!

No problems I thought, I'll just reset it.

But because I am off site, with no access to the local LAN, I can not access the Rest Password function.  (Says it needs to be on the same LAN).

I've tried uninstalling Emby and reinstalling it, but it's picking up the previous install.

Could REALLY use some tips on how to gain access, especially since I don't need that config (can just blow it away, if only there was an easy way).

I'd really like to avoid taking a 3.5 hour plane trip especially to sort this out.

Thanks!

On 6/14/2022 at 9:53 AM, Bliesner said:

Hi all.

So I was messing around with Emby, and set it up on my Synology DS218+ at a remote location.  All going well, until I realised I didn't write down my password!

No problems I thought, I'll just reset it.

But because I am off site, with no access to the local LAN, I can not access the Rest Password function.  (Says it needs to be on the same LAN).

I've tried uninstalling Emby and reinstalling it, but it's picking up the previous install.

Could REALLY use some tips on how to gain access, especially since I don't need that config (can just blow it away, if only there was an easy way).

I'd really like to avoid taking a 3.5 hour plane trip especially to sort this out.

Thanks!

Sent you an PM to give you a hand with this.