Android app issues with stuttering upon resuming videos

akirru

akirru

Hi all & Emby team,

really love what you are doing here. Subbed for the month and when I get paid I think I'll get a lifetime. 

Everything is working well so far apart from one persistent problem. I have the latest model Nvidia Shield with the android app. When I resume videos they stutter until I rewind. It isn't a problem if I start from the beginning. I have tried setting the client to rewind on a resume but it makes no difference. 

This isn't a problem in Kodi emby but I prefer to use your app for the subtitle implementation (ie downloading forced subtitles easily)

Any input would be great

Thanks all

Andy

akirru

The update didn't fix the problem. If I select manual in the audio settings instead of auto audio formats it works fine. But I don't get DTS-HD ... it just shows up as Multo-channel.

Edited by akirru

akirru

Ok I have some progress. If I stop refresh rate switching in the app and use the external refresh rate switching app from google store. All works well and there are no problems. So it's related to the refresh rate switching within the app?

akirru

It's available of the google play store for android tv, and its just called refresh rate. It lets you select options for each app and how quickly to change the refresh rate. I set it to zero ( my personal taste ) and you can also set the start-up refresh rate of apps. The only problem I have found with it is if I allow the shield to sleep. I need to restart it for the refresh rate app to work properly. You can set the shield to never sleep or just restart it. One other problem I found is with things like Netflix video previews, as the refresh rate keeps changing and so make sure you disable video previews on your netflix account page.