Download fails to download all episodes

Mossop

Mossop

I set up a download of one season of a show. The season contains 52 episodes but although my phone says it is fully downloaded only about 45 episodes are there. Looking at the list of downloaded items you can see that episodes 15, 16, 19, 21, 22 in this chunk alone are missing.

Screenshot (13 Jun 2022 08:59:16).jpg

Hi there, are you sure you have those episodes? Maybe you checked the option to only download unwatched?

Mossop
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, are you sure you have those episodes? Maybe you checked the option to only download unwatched?

Yes I have those episodes. All of the episodes are already watched so if I had chosen to only download unwatched nothing would have downloaded. In the end while trying to debug a different issue I ended up reinstalling and starting the download again and this time they came through.

• 2 weeks later...
Mossop

I think that just means the problem is intermittent somehow. I happen to have reinstalled again the other day and now that I look one of the seasons I downloaded since is missing one episode. The episode definitely exists and is playable on the server.

On 7/3/2022 at 7:19 AM, Mossop said:

I think that just means the problem is intermittent somehow. I happen to have reinstalled again the other day and now that I look one of the seasons I downloaded since is missing one episode. The episode definitely exists and is playable on the server.

Hi, how are you able to play it if it's missing?

Mossop
23 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, how are you able to play it if it's missing?

Because the episode is on the server? If I am connected to the network either in the android app or using the web app I can play the episode. But when going to the downloads in the android app when offline the episode is missing.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes I constantly find that collections or seasons I have set to download are missing things. I just spotted that my download of my MCU collection which contains 32 movies had only downloaded 24 onto the phone and claimed to be done.

It seems that other than manually downloading individual items downloads on Emby are very unreliable.

Just as an example I tried to download a movie collection over the past few days. The collection contains 32 movies. Between each attempt I had to completely re-install Emby and format my SD card as Emby didn't seem to clean up removed downloads correctly. It took me I think four attempts to finally get all of the movies downloaded, on all the previous attempt it claimed to be complete but items were simply missing from the list downloaded with seemingly no way to pick them up. In one case it only downloaded 24 of the movies. Downloads were configured at 4Mbps and to automatically download new content.

After I finally got the collection to complete I added a download of a playlist with 35 movies in it. This morning it claimed to be completed (though I had to keep going to edit the download and save to convince it to carry on downloading things) and I find that there are only 32 movies listed in the download.

I've still been unable to find logs for the Android app, there is nothing shown in `/Android/data/com.mb.android/files`.

This morning I woke up to check on the status of my downloads. The playlist that claimed to have downloaded 32 movies now shows 0 items and sure enough they are no longer available in the downloads section of the app.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi @Mossop what version of the server and Emby Android app? Are you still having an issue with this?

It would have been whatever the latest version of the server and app was. But I've given up on Emby now as it is too unreliable for my needs.

11 minutes ago, notla49285 said:

Just give up with Emby for Android downloads, they've been crap for years and still are to this day.

Actually I've gone through all of this and I believe all of the options discussed here work just fine in the latest versions of the server and app. Thanks.