Video not start in Roku TV installed with Emby app

tomerq

tomerq
11 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

Why am I not getting this problem on my Roku TV? Is the beta server different in this regard?

Paul

What Emby Server version you are running?

25 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

Why am I not getting this problem on my Roku TV? Is the beta server different in this regard?

It is possible that there is another underlying issue which is starting this "chain reaction" which leads to those 24 ffmpeg startup attempts.

But before this part isn't fixed and moved out of the way, it's impossible to pinpoint anything in this "mess".

pwhodges
1 hour ago, tomerq said:

What Emby Server version you are running?

4.8.0.1 - I keep on the latest beta as a policy (I used to be a programmer before I retired, and like to help debugging efforts).

Paul

Edit: 4.8.0.2 now.

Edited by pwhodges

tomerq
5 hours ago, pwhodges said:

4.8.0.1 - I keep on the latest beta as a policy (I used to be a programmer before I retired, and like to help debugging efforts).

Paul

Edit: 4.8.0.2 now.

Then we are running different versions, my version is 4.7.2.0, could it be that this beta does not include the recent changes that in the RC..

Maybe worth a try installing latest beta..

42 minutes ago, tomerq said:

Maybe worth a try installing latest beta..

No, it's not, I'm afraid, I had hinted weeks ago already that this is causing problems.

There seems to exist a misconception in thinking that range requests could provide some kind of improvement in segment downloading. Truth is not only that it doesn't provide improvement, but even that it can negatively impact the playback experience of other users. Hopefully it will be understood very soon.

• 1 month later...
tomerq

Hello,

3 versions released since last post however, the issue was not implemented on those release or implemention was not good fix.

I still have the same issue, 

Any idea when the older configuration that start causing this issue will revert?

Thank you !

• 1 month later...

All my playback not wroking for 5-6 months now, i stopped used Emby and installed Plex for now however, i kept the instance running for hope it will fix in the future.

Do you have any agenda to fix this problem or you can confirm you give up on all Roku users?

It worked flowless in the past btw and only version update destroyed it.

Unfortunately it is not fixed yet. Neither in release (4.7.6) nor in the latest beta (4.8.0.8 as of writing).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Luke,

Thank you for the follow-up, i am now installed with Emby Server 4.7.11 (automatically updated) and i've checked the video how they play in my Roku TV, most of the videos are playable now however, there are some still weird behaviour:

1. When playing a movie that was not able to play before, it takes longer time to load the video (could take 30-60 seconds) and when the video starts if i try to fast forward (no matter what speed i choose) i can see the video seeking bar progressing but when i stop the seek and click play, the video remain black for long times (couple of minutes) and then it crash with error.

I think it fixes the video playing but now new issue with the seeking/fwd the video.

10 hours ago, tomerq said:

and then it crash with error.

Hi.  Exactly what error and what do you mean by "crash"?

• 1 month later...

1. When playing a movie that was not able to play before, it takes longer time to load the video (could take 30-60 seconds) and when the video starts if i try to fast forward (no matter what speed i choose) i can see the video seeking bar progressing but when i stop the seek and click play, the video remain black for long times (couple of minutes) and then it crash with error.

@tomerq can we please look at an example?

Thanks !