Emby 4.7.2.0 E-AC3 problems

Painkiller8818

Painkiller8818

Emby Server: Win 10, Emby version 4.7.2.0
Client: Samsung Tizen Emby Ver. 1.2.7
TV: Samsung Smart TV (UE55RU7099UXZG)

This user is having problems when trying to watch movies with E-AC3 audio.
The User tells me there is NO Sound. When switching to another Audio if available (DTS, AC3 etc) is working but E-AC3 gives just no sound.

I know there is 1.2.8 already out but the changelog does not seems to have changed anything that should affect the audio codecs.
I can update the Client when i am at the user the next time, but i don't think it is the Client as it was working on the older Server version.

INFO: I myself with an 2019 Q90R and Version 1.2.8 do not have any problems and i also never had problems with E-AC3 files on older versions so maybe this is something the users TV is not reporting correct if the tv is not supporting it, i don't know.

Do you guys see anything in the ffmpeg log?

thanks
ffmpeg-transcode-6fa1cc5b-1012-4f2b-b597-546f68051e89_1.txt

Edited by Painkiller8818

SamES

A recent server update increased the alllowed maximum bitrate for EAC3, which has had the affect of trying to maintain this track rather than convert it to ac3 when DirectStreaming or transcoding. However, this has resulted in the problem you are seeing as an additional option server option is needed on Tizen TV’s to support EAC3 correctly in this format.  

I think until this is resolved, in the next client release I might force these to AC3 to avoid this problem.