Auto organize not doing what its told

TJ-emby

TJ-emby

Hey guys.

As The Boys is currently on series 3, I am adding S1 and 2 to my server...or at least trying to.

When I put the correctly formatted named files in my watched folder for the Auto Organize plug in to sort, it doesn't recognize them so I point it to The Boys through the search and....it works for that selected episode but then ignores it for the others and changes it to the Trailer Park Boys, renames them all incorrectly but then moves them to the correctly named The Boys folder.

Can someone recreate the problem and maybe point me in the right direction to rectify this?

Many thanks in advance.

James

chef
1 hour ago, TJ-emby said:

Hey guys.

As The Boys is currently on series 3, I am adding S1 and 2 to my server...or at least trying to.

When I put the correctly formatted named files in my watched folder for the Auto Organize plug in to sort, it doesn't recognize them so I point it to The Boys through the search and....it works for that selected episode but then ignores it for the others and changes it to the Trailer Park Boys, renames them all incorrectly but then moves them to the correctly named The Boys folder.

Can someone recreate the problem and maybe point me in the right direction to rectify this?

Many thanks in advance.

James

Hey James, are you using the catalog version, or have you tried using auto organize 2.0

If you have tried auto organize 2.0, and you are experiencing problems identifying media items, I would love to know more.

Specifically some file names for the the series in question. 👍

If you feel more comfortable sending me file name examples by PM, that would be great.

If you haven't tried auto organize 2.0 and would like to, that would also be great.

And finally, as a user of auto organize, if you would like to join the testing team, please let me know, we are currently preparing to release a new version with some expabdaned features that will help organize the library folders.

Edited by chef
  • Agree 1

TJ-emby

Hi Chef,

I'm using the catalogue version currently but am heading over to the 2.0 version now and will give that a go.

Thanks for the reply and I will let you know the results. 

• Thanks 1

TJ-emby

Chef,

Straight off the bat I will say that it's a bit off my screen. In the app on my tablet, in chrome on my tablet and in the edge browser on my server I am losing the right hand side of it.

Have done a test run with a movie and its found it, renamed it and moved it perfectly. Now to run my entire library through it and see the results.

chef
2 hours ago, TJ-emby said:

Chef,

Straight off the bat I will say that it's a bit off my screen. In the app on my tablet, in chrome on my tablet and in the edge browser on my server I am losing the right hand side of it.

Have done a test run with a movie and its found it, renamed it and moved it perfectly. Now to run my entire library through it and see the results.

Cool.

What is the size of your tablet screen? 

We've got to handle a couple more possible sizes to make sure it fits the dashboard.

Because of the amount of data available in the table it's gets tricky to have a decent layout, and keep it on the screen.

Perhaps we switch to mobile layout for tablets as well as phones?

I'll take a look at the large screen resolution layout again. I thought we'd handled it okay, but apparently it needs to be revisited.

Did you mean, the table is off the screen, or the controls at the top of the page? 

Looking forward to more feedback. 

Thank you.

Edited by chef

TJ-emby

Hi Chef,

My Tablet is a Samsung SM T580 with a Screen size: 10.1 inches and Display resolution: 1920 x 1200. I have upped my PC resolution and it works fine now.

When I access it through my phone it handles it perfectly in a nice condensed format but I'm unable to scroll either up or down.

After my Movie run through it didn't delete the *.nfo; files I set it to delete nor did it delete the empty folders that didn't have any .nfo files in them.

I will chuck through my TV series folders in the morning and will update you then.

Again, love the V2.0 so far and will happily continue using it. Thank you.

chef

Cool.

Yes, I have also noticed sone strangeness in the watch folder clean up.

The original plugin waited for all the eligible files to be sorted ( It checked if there were any at the beginning of the task).

If the watched folder didn't contain an eligible files to sort, it removed (cleaned) the directory out, and the task completed.

The logic makes sense. That way we don't accidentally remove any important files.

But, I recent went into my watched folders and found quite a few folders left over.

I've added this back to the list of thing to fix.

There must be a condition in the code that isn't being met properly. 

Excellent.

Many thanks!

TJ-emby

Chef,

Have chucked my TV series through it and it didn't chuck out The Boys into the wrong series, but, it didnt find others and I cant get it to create the match by clicking on the match icon.

Really think I must be doing something wrong or not set it up correctly as this I expected to work perfectly.

Meanwhile I will try to get the Collections library working as that has refused to work since I reinstalled Emby.

TJ-emby

Right, that's the collections sorted, now back to the auto organize.

Below is how I have the setting for clean up, not sure this is correct as it isn't working for Movies or TV.

Screenshot_2022-06-12_074856.thumb.jpg.d14fbd83778182b76026445f69541a16.jpg

Below is an example of the error I get when an episode is not recognised, ignore the fact that I cannot get to the resolve icon

Screenshot_2022-06-12_075401.thumb.jpg.f4be75a6613d3ba04735b58af86b508e.jpg

I click the resolve icon, select the correct series, check the remember box and click ok, it asks me if I wish to proceed with the move, I click ok and nothing happens.

If I go into Smart Matches and click the expand arrow, its empty.

I'm sure there is a simple solution to this, and you're the person to point me in that direction. 

Really appreciated, 

James

Edited by TJ-emby

chef

Can I see a log from when you attempted sorting.

The smart lists are a bit buggy at the moment.

I also see that you have used "*.nfo,  *.txt" .etc in the clean up configuration input.

The code doesn't currently understand wildcards in that array list. However, it should. I'm going write code so that it does. I have a feeling most people will use wildcard syntax there.

Edited by chef

chef

Ugh, the providers again.

Does the series New Amsterdam ever get sorted properly?

Thanks again for your time. The information here is valuable. 

TJ-emby

Nothing is getting sorted. I have New Amsterdam and The Tudors not recognised and even when I try to manually sort it I get nothing.

I play with Emby nearly daily so I'm happy helping any of the development team.