Getting Network Error when trying to use Emby Android Auto App

drezin

drezin

I have set up Emby and I think I have configured it right.  Emby Server is running on my Linux Zorin 16 machine, all internal apps are working and configured.  I tried it on my cell phone off the network and it works fine. When I try to connect to listen to music from Android Auto i get a Network Error Screen. Any Ideas on how to fix?  Any help is greatly aprecieated.

Thank you Very Much 

Drezin 

drezin

Hi Luke, thank you for responding. I can see all my music and folders, but when you pick one to play then I get the error. 

drezin

Yes I am, I can turn off wifi in my home and be on the cell network and play music from within Emby. When I try to play through Android Auto it gives me the network error.

drezin

Hi  Luke, Just went out for a drive today and it seemed everything worked today. Was able to switch songs move forward and back and pick different alums and tracks. So ii guess it was mayby the older version that was the issue.  I am on 4.7.2  I am having the other issue wheere emby is not seeing my 2nd hard drive. 

Thanks for the help. 

It could have been the older version, it could also have been that the network connection was performing better at that particular time.

Whenever you click on something in Android Auto, the system gives us I think 5 seconds to respond, otherwise it just aborts it and fails outright. That means the network connection has to be performing well enough for that.