Does anybody use Free2View TV?

nodiaque

nodiaque

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to use free2view tv in live tv and so far, it's been a weird experience. All categories and comment get added as channel list, so every time there's an update on the xml, I must go back in channel list and uncheck each unwanted fake channel.

I'm using this xml:

https://cutt.ly/F2V_Master_PC

Link to the project page: https://github.com/Sphinxroot/Free2ViewTV

They also list some EPG source that I'm unsure how to use.

Thanks!

Spaceboy

looks interesting - first time i have seen this.

first thought would be rather than pointing emby at the online m3u, download it and point emby at it. then it won't change

you could also look at using xteve as a proxy. you could also use it to generate dummy epg for each channel

i'll take more of a look when i have some time

nodiaque

Well, I manage to make it work "properly". I have other issue, but that's regarding on how buffering is done.

What I end up doing for now is running a powershell script that strip down all of those fake channel. I've talked with the project owner and he'll try to make one for emby. The one he generate are normally for other computer program that work with these type of things.

As for the other issue I have, there is some channel that have problem buffering. They work well in vlc, but not in emby. According to the owner, he saw that in that past it had it to do with buffering and how it's handled. Because of that, some channel just start, play 5 sec then freeze, other would loop through a 90 sec part of what was downloaded on the first connect everytime you start to listen to the channel. Many link have weak connection that drop while watching, sometime for a bit, which lead the application to hang, like it's not reconnecting properly.

I was able to map everything that have a EPG to them no problem, they give many epg list just for that

Edited by nodiaque
  • Thanks 1