Server Unresponsive/Hangs

adamstewiegreen

adamstewiegreen

I'm using Emby 4.7.2.0 on MacOS 12.1

Since upgrading my OS in order to upgrade to 4.7 Emby has been often unresponsive.  It usually doesn't display a timeout error, it just stays partly loaded (My Media will load, but nothing else).  After a long wait (I haven't timed it but it's minutes) the rest of the page will eventually load and Emby will start working normally.

Attached is the server logs.

embyserver.txt

Hi, please try removing these plugins:

2022-06-10 19:22:03.693 Info App: Loading SonosController, Version=1.0.12.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /Users/adam/.config/emby-server/plugins/SonosController.dll
2022-06-10 19:22:03.693 Info App: Loading CoverArt, Version=4.1.17.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /Users/adam/.config/emby-server/plugins/CoverArt.dll
2022-06-10 19:22:03.693 Info App: Loading Emby.Plugin.TelegramNotification, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /Users/adam/.config/emby-server/plugins/Emby.Plugin.TelegramNotification.dll
2022-06-10 19:22:03.693 Info App: Loading IntroSkip, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /Users/adam/.config/emby-server/plugins/IntroSkip.dll
2022-06-10 19:22:03.693 Info App: Loading Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue, Version=2.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /Users/adam/.config/emby-server/plugins/Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue.dll
2022-06-10 19:22:03.693 Info App: Loading NewReleases, Version=1.0.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /Users/adam/.config/emby-server/plugins/NewReleases.dll
2022-06-10 19:22:03.693 Info App: Loading ListenBrainz, Version=1.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /Users/adam/.config/emby-server/plugins/ListenBrainz.dll

Then restart the server and see how that compares. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

adamstewiegreen
Hi @Luke,

Deleting those plugins helped a bit, the hanging was less frequent, however the below error (accompanied by the server hanging) was still happening.
Because all the errors that were still happening were proceeded by "Info HttpClient: GET http://images.icetv.com.au/" I deactivated my tv guide (icetv is my guide provider)) and now
and now the server is running great.

Obviously not having my tv guide isn't ideal so my question is, is this an Emby problem or an icetv problem?

Thanks

Adam

2022-06-13 17:46:53.452 Info HttpClient: GET http://images.icetv.com.au/placeholder/52423_poster.png
2022-06-13 17:46:53.870 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.2.0
	Command line: /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Darwin 21.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 21.2.0: Sun Nov 28 20:28:54 PST 2021; root:xnu-8019.61.5~1/RELEASE_X86_64
	Framework: .NET 6.0.5
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /Users/adam/.config/emby-server
	Application path: /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS
	System.InvalidOperationException: System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ConvertImageToLocal(BaseItem item, ItemImageInfo image, Int32 imageIndex, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.ProcessImage(ImageProcessingOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Api.Images.ImageService.GetImage(ImageRequest request, Int64 itemId, BaseItem item, Boolean isHeadRequest)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

That just means the image couldn't be retrieved from that url. It's not a big deal and the server will recover from it and continue on.

adamstewiegreen

Got rid of most the plugins.  Pretty much ever show I watch now will hang at least once for about 10-20 seconds and then resume.  In the logs it hanged at around 13:30.

embyserver.txt

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2022 at 12:51 AM, adamstewiegreen said:

Got rid of most the plugins.  Pretty much ever show I watch now will hang at least once for about 10-20 seconds and then resume.  In the logs it hanged at around 13:30.

embyserver.txt 281.83 kB · 1 download

That seems to coincide with a library scan running. Not sure if that was a manual scan or scheduled, but you may want to consider adjusting the schedule of your library scans to something off hours.

adamstewiegreen

A little update:  Unfortunately, overall I've found that 4.7+ has been a very laggy, slow-to-load experience for me.  Everything plays without a problem now, but the wait time for starting and even navigating emby (the worst offenders are the opening menu and music) is still quite long - and sometimes don't load at all.

4 hours ago, adamstewiegreen said:

A little update:  Unfortunately, overall I've found that 4.7+ has been a very laggy, slow-to-load experience for me.  Everything plays without a problem now, but the wait time for starting and even navigating emby (the worst offenders are the opening menu and music) is still quite long - and sometimes don't load at all.

Hi, can you please attach the emby server log from when that happened? Thanks.