TV recording suddenly identified as different series

saturnaqua

saturnaqua

Having something weird happen recently. Emby is set to record the CW show Kung Fu. Around the end of May, the recording works, but instead of placing it in the Kung Fu (2021) directory, it's now placing it in Kung Fu (2018). When this happens, it thinks the overall series is matching the Amazon show Kung Fu Panda: The Paws of Destiny. According to the seriestimer.json file, it's identified the series by a zap2it id ("SeriesId":"EP03516022","ProviderIds":{"Zap2It":"EP03516022"},") and it tries searching thetvdb with this ID which of course doesn't match. I think it then tries a name search and right now, it looks like the Amazon show is coming up as the top hit. Not sure, but I'm guessing the CW show used to be the top hit and was working correctly before. Not sure how to fix this since the seriestimer was generated when I used the Emby guide to add the series recording and it used the zap2it id. I'm guessing maybe somehow adding a thetvdb id in as well might work, but I don't think the seriestimer file format is documented and I don't want to break it.

emby log snippet.txt

• 4 weeks later...
saturnaqua

The season for that show was over several weeks ago, so I won't know until the next season starts (according to what I read it was renewed). My system did auto-update to 4.7.5.0 on 6/26.

Edit: According to a search, next season should premiere in October.

Edited by saturnaqua

OK. I pushed some additional updates last night to the Tvdb and MovieDb plugins that I also think will help prevent this from happening. Let us know how you get on. Thanks.