After Updating Synology Nas to DSM7 emby liabrary not working

habeeb350

habeeb350

I'm running Emby and Synology Nas on 2 different system. After updating Synology Nas to DSM7 emby is not working. How i can fix it.

rixlumb1

I too have set up a new Synology DS220+ , (DSM7.1.4261 update2) with extra 4GB memory

The emby server version :4.7.2.0. I have previously set emby up on a terramaster F2 221 without a problem. But after an upgrade the GUI screwed up, the reason why I purchased a Synology!

I Added shared  folders and full permissions

while setting up the New Libraries, I noticed that after selecting the /volume1 drop down then selecting a shared folder, the whole entered file path just disappears.

I tried adding by clicking on the centre of the entry, the arrow at the end and the folder icon on the left.

The only way to set it was to select the /volume1 then manually add '/sharefoldername' which was then accepted and allowed the OK

after that the scan library files button was clicked and showed the progress bar briefly then it dismissed, Normally it would take a long time to scan for all new files,

so I dont believe it is actually indexing any files.

I tried operating emby using link on NAS which showed no content on PC

I opened emby app on an LG smart TV after changing to the new server - no content

I open the app on a firecube same thing.

I am now at a loss as to what to try after experimenting with changes to permissions, renaming folders without spaces in name etc

ive even tried the beta version in the NAS: 4.8.0.0, exactly the same ... no content

rixlumb1

I too have set up a new Synology DS220+ , (DSM7.1.4261 update2) with extra 4GB memory

The emby server version :4.7.2.0. I have previously set emby up on a terramaster F2 221 without a problem. But after an upgrade the GUI screwed up, the reason why I purchased a Synology!

I Added shared  folders and full permissions

while setting up the New Libraries, I noticed that after selecting the /volume1 drop down then selecting a shared folder, the whole entered file path just disappears.

I tried adding by clicking on the centre of the entry, the arrow at the end and the folder icon on the left.

The only way to set it was to select the /volume1 then manually add '/sharefoldername' which was then accepted and allowed the OK

after that the scan library files button was clicked and showed the progress bar briefly then it dismissed, Normally it would take a long time to scan for all new files,

so I dont believe it is actually indexing any files.

I tried operating emby using link on NAS which showed no content on PC

I opened emby app on an LG smart TV after changing to the new server - no content

I open the app on a firecube same thing.

I am now at a loss as to what to try after experimenting with changes to permissions, renaming folders without spaces in name etc

ive even tried the beta version in the NAS: 4.8.0.0, exactly the same ... no content

rixlumb1

Hi Cayars,

Fantastic,

I would have never changed the drop down from localUser to systemUser, as I have only had the NAS a couple of days and still feeling my way round.

I dont remember doing anything similar for the Terramaster NAS, but I was concentrating more on the Emby Application which is quite dauting at first

Many thanks for your immediate help and resolution of the issue.

Rich.L

ps.. It was a new device so it loaded up with latest DSM7.1

Edited by rixlumb1
  • Like 1