Images gone crazy after last update

wakeboarder141

wakeboarder141

After updating Emby last time my images are messed up.  Most are missing, some are just the landscape backdrop picture.  It's the same in all of my libraries.  I can't find a way to restore the images besides manually going in to each show/movie and downloading each of the images it needs which is obviously not a viable option.  After the issue started I even tried updating to DSM7 and following that migration procedure, but I ended up with the same image problem afterwards.  Please help.

Untitled2.png

Untitled.png

embyserver.txt

2022-06-08 12:45:36.761 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.2.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-synology7_{version}_x86_64.spk
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build1) (gcc version 8.5.0 (GCC) ) #42661 SMP Fri May 27 17:13:27 CST 2022
	Framework: .NET 6.0.2
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/var/packages/EmbyServer/var/metadata/library/28/28b5d5b8bef4bd1f1914503b5c11ac91/poster.jpg'.
	   at Emby.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.GetSKFileStream(String path)

Hi, did you tamper with the server's internet metadata folder? If yes then that would explain it.

wakeboarder141
17 minutes ago, Luke said:
2022-06-08 12:45:36.761 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.2.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-synology7_{version}_x86_64.spk
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build1) (gcc version 8.5.0 (GCC) ) #42661 SMP Fri May 27 17:13:27 CST 2022
	Framework: .NET 6.0.2
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/var/packages/EmbyServer/var/metadata/library/28/28b5d5b8bef4bd1f1914503b5c11ac91/poster.jpg'.
	   at Emby.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.GetSKFileStream(String path)

Hi, did you tamper with the server's internet metadata folder? If yes then that would explain it.

No, not that i am aware of.  I followed the instructions for the migration to DSM7 which had me run a copy script, but that was the only thing I messed with.  This also started before the DSM7 update so I don't think I did anything there.  The only thing I can think of that changed was just updating Emby on the NAS because I had a notification on the home screen.

Ok I'm not sure that happened, probably something related to the migration. But if you refresh metadata on existing content that should help you get images back.

wakeboarder141
26 minutes ago, Luke said:

Ok I'm not sure that happened, probably something related to the migration. But if you refresh metadata on existing content that should help you get images back.

I have tried refreshing metadata, both replace all as well as search for missing, with or without replace existing images checked, and I still have the same issue.  I have tried it at the library level as well as for individual series/movies without change.  The only way I have found to get images to show is by manually editing the images and downloading new ones for each picture.  I have attached a screenshot of a series after a metadata refresh.

Untitled43.png

embyserver.txt

wakeboarder141

Update: After waiting for over a day now, the images are starting to trickle back in.  It's not fast, but every time I check it there are a few more things filled in.  I'm not sure why it is taking so long, but it looks like it is repairing the images.

Right, the metadata refresh works just fine, it's just that you can't monitor the progress at this time so you essentially just have to be patient and give it time.

wakeboarder141
29 minutes ago, Luke said:

Right, the metadata refresh works just fine, it's just that you can't monitor the progress at this time so you essentially just have to be patient and give it time.

That's what had me confused.  It looked like it was done, but 2 days later there are still images trickling in.  Thanks for the clarification. 

• Thanks 1