read metadata from local pc

paolopuntop

paolopuntop

Hello,
INTRODUCTION: after having translated into Italian the metadata found on the servers in English, after the manual update they were regularly exported to .Nfo files with the "Metadata Savers" option (by flagging the field on each single library, you can set default for all libraries?).
PROBLEM: 1) if I reinstall emby server and leave the "Metadata Readers" option in the libraries (always on .Nfo files) the metadata I have translated and previously saved are not read but those of the servers are always imported.
2) Even for metadata not present on the servers (blank metadata) the Nfo files previously saved by me on the local folders are not imported, the metadata remains blank.
There is a solution?
Thank you.

• Like 1

Hi there, how have you configured your library options? Can you please provide an example? Thanks.

Happy2Play
3 hours ago, Luke said:

@paolopuntop OK can you please go over a specific example? Why exactly do you think the nfo metadata isn't being read?

This appears to be about Music, so currently nfo files are not read at all.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7f72f9509e5a36ff848de1687d199167.png

Edited by Happy2Play

OK yes @paolopuntop nfo files are currently not imported for albums and artists but we plan to restore support for this in upcoming updates. Thanks.

paolopuntop

HI; all correct, these are audio files (album in mp3 format), at each update the .nfo files are updated with the latest changes (Italian translations), We confirmed that currently if you reinstall the metadata are not read on the local .nfo files but are always taken from the external server (and everything has to be re-translated).

Thanks I will wait for the new version (and I will take the opportunity to go to premiere even if I do not think I will have any advantages, but the software deserves it). Greetings

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1