UK people, what are your experiences with HDHomeRun?

e-charge

e-charge

Afternoon fellow UK residents.

How are you finding using HDHomeRun for FreeView within Emby? Is live viewing OK? Any delays? Audio issues? Recording while watching? Recording and or viewing multiple channels?

Thanks in advance.

L

Spaceboy

as was posted in another thread you asked in, there is no ability to stream multiple channels from the same mux which is pretty standard with any other live tv software. other than that no issues.

it very easily matches with the epg that is included with emby which is another benefit.

• Like 1

RobDenny

I have a Quad HDHomerun, and its great, I recorded two programmes that other day (BBC3 HD TopGear and DMAX SD) and watched the the football in HD on Channel 4 and my server hit the 8% in load, and 0.5%  on HDD latency...... it was perfect in other words (AMD 3100, NAS mechanical HDD) :) 

I use Xteve to be honest, as it allows me control on channel organising and logos amongst other things, but I have xteve in "pass the url mode" so Xteve is not doing anything other then ordering. I dont think I really need xteve, as the management of the cannels in the HDhomerun in Emby is AWESOME! 

Tip : Remove the unwanted channels in the webui of the HDHomerun first, THEN scan the device in emby, prevents you getting loads of pointless channels in Emby. 

• Like 1

e-charge
24 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

as was posted in another thread you asked in, there is no ability to stream multiple channels from the same mux which is pretty standard with any other live tv software. other than that no issues.

it very easily matches with the epg that is included with emby which is another benefit.

Thanks Spaceboy

Apologies as I saw the other post before this one, and so posed a further query relating to what you've mentioned here. Coincidentally, RobDenny followed your post with what I was after.

Cheers.

e-charge
17 minutes ago, RobDenny said:

I have a Quad HDHomerun, and its great, I recorded two programmes that other day (BBC3 HD TopGear and DMAX SD) and watched the the football in HD on Channel 4 and my server hit the 8% in load, and 0.5%  on HDD latency...... it was perfect in other words (AMD 3100, NAS mechanical HDD) :) 

I use Xteve to be honest, as it allows me control on channel organising and logos amongst other things, but I have xteve in "pass the url mode" so Xteve is not doing anything other then ordering. I dont think I really need xteve, as the management of the cannels in the HDhomerun in Emby is AWESOME! 

Tip : Remove the unwanted channels in the webui of the HDHomerun first, THEN scan the device in emby, prevents you getting loads of pointless channels in Emby. 

Thanks RobDenny

This is exactly the kind of info I was after as that is exactly what I want to be able to do.

L

2 hours ago, e-charge said:

Recording and or viewing multiple channels?

Emby can record/view one channel per tuner available.  So, in the above example, it is a quad tuner device so 4 at once.

• Like 1

e-charge
9 minutes ago, ebr said:

Emby can record/view one channel per tuner available.  So, in the above example, it is a quad tuner device so 4 at once.

Excellent.

Thanks ebr, that's extra confirmation of exactly what I'm after. Looks like I'll be buying an HDHomeRun then.

L

Spaceboy

just bear in mind that if you have shows that overlap due to the addition of pre and post padding that 4 could become 2 very easily

22 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

just bear in mind that if you have shows that overlap due to the addition of pre and post padding that 4 could become 2 very easily

Only if they are on different channels.