Audiobook Tracks not marked as played (and no resume)

Erik

Erik

Hello,

I know the resume feature for audiobooks was introduced in 4.7 which is fantastic, so I setup my daughter with her kids books in her own profile and she uses the Emby app on her iPad to listen to audiobooks. However,  as each track completes they never get marked as played and therefore (I'm assuming) there is never the opportunity to resume and she has to take screenshots of where she leaves off each time.

I have the library set audiobook and the min resume 1% and max resume 99%. and it seems to work in the web interface on my laptop but not with the iOS app, so I don't know if its a feature that needs to be added or if its a bug.

Thanks!

Erik

“Streaming” (for lack of the correct terminology) from the server, connected locally with their server.

Edited by Erik

Happy2Play

@LukeThis does appear to be an issue in the iOS app.  Session does not stay active on Dashboard either.

iOS 2.1.6

letterman

Emby  iOS 2.1.6
Windows Server 4.7.2.0

Problem description:
Start playing audiobooks. listen for a while. Stop playing.
Close app, Start app.
Resume play. Emby starts where playback has stopped. ok.
Continue listing, until a new track starts. 
Now the bug: Emby does not start the next track from the beginning, but from the timestamp where the very first playback was resumed. It continues this why with every new track.

The error does not appear, using the emby with web app directly in windows.
Unfortunately it is impossible to use the Web app on the iphone, because web app-playback stops when screen is locked.

@letterman

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2022 at 4:15 AM, Erik said:

Hello,

I know the resume feature for audiobooks was introduced in 4.7 which is fantastic, so I setup my daughter with her kids books in her own profile and she uses the Emby app on her iPad to listen to audiobooks. However,  as each track completes they never get marked as played and therefore (I'm assuming) there is never the opportunity to resume and she has to take screenshots of where she leaves off each time.

I have the library set audiobook and the min resume 1% and max resume 99%. and it seems to work in the web interface on my laptop but not with the iOS app, so I don't know if its a feature that needs to be added or if its a bug.

Thanks!

Ok realized that I need to move this to the android forum.

Edited by mastervol

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/06/2022 at 12:51, Luke said:

Hi, this is resolved for the next update to the Emby iOS app. Thanks.

@Luke Thanks, the resume part seems to function now.

However, if I select the play icon for track 8 for example, the player always starts back at track 1 all the time. So if you want to manually go to a certain chapter to start from (fell asleep while listening) you cannot. its either resume or from the beginning.

Let me know if you need more details.

thanks!

3 hours ago, Erik said:

@Luke Thanks, the resume part seems to function now.

However, if I select the play icon for track 8 for example, the player always starts back at track 1 all the time. So if you want to manually go to a certain chapter to start from (fell asleep while listening) you cannot. its either resume or from the beginning.

Let me know if you need more details.

thanks!

Where is that play button exactly?

6 hours ago, Luke said:

Where is that play button exactly?

Any of these (Technically not the top one as that’s the only track that plays when you select any of the below ones).

8503C1EE-6682-4553-9486-5508AE0AF0B3.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 23/09/2022 at 12:26, Luke said:

Are you still running into this?

My apologize on the delay. I will check this tomorrow and report back.

• Thanks 1

Hi @luke, yes I am still seeing the issue.

Using the screenshot above; say track 1 and 2 are played and show green checkmark icons. If I select the play icon on track 6 it still plays from the beginning of track 1.

If I select different tracks to play it goes from playing the first track then the correct track randomly (so it seems). Even if I just keep selecting the play icon on the same track it goes back and forth between playing the selected track and track 1. Its very odd!

38 minutes ago, Erik said:

Hi @luke, yes I am still seeing the issue.

Using the screenshot above; say track 1 and 2 are played and show green checkmark icons. If I select the play icon on track 6 it still plays from the beginning of track 1.

If I select different tracks to play it goes from playing the first track then the correct track randomly (so it seems). Even if I just keep selecting the play icon on the same track it goes back and forth between playing the selected track and track 1. Its very odd!

Can you please attach the emby server log from when you tried to do this? Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can you please attach the emby server log from when you tried to do this? Thanks.

Sure can. The log and a screen capture are being PM'd to you now.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

HI, Emby for iOS 2.2.6 has been released. Please try it out and let us know how it compares. Thanks !

I was having troubles getting this to work. Just spent a day putting my audio books into Emby too. I found this and then all of a sudden it seems to be working now. Hopefully it continues. Works both on downloaded and streaming. Doesn't seem to support conversions though or at least I haven't gotten it working yet. Minor as long as the resume works. Seems the problem I was having was I was either going to the downloaded test audio book or to the list of books and then the book. It always started at the beginning. I couldn't seem to find the continue listening menu at first. I swear it wasn't there but it is now. It isn't on my Roku despite the settings in the web interface. But I can't see using it often if at all. Almost always will be using my phone.

• Thanks 1

I had a glitch yesterday. I had just finished part 4 and started listening to part 5 and paused it. Hours later my phone died and when I resumed it started playing part 2. I suppose I’ll have to go to my computer to submit the log  

Additionally I just finished a book and it's still in the continue listening list on both my iphone (that I listened on) and on my pc web browser. It isn't marked as played either. If I click on continue listening it shows part 1 with 0:00 remaining and if I go to the Audio Book library it shows part 11 (the last part) with 0:00 remaining.

• 2 weeks later...