Music Lyrics on version 4.7.2

Alan1962

Alan1962

Hi.

Apologies if this covered elsewhere have looked but couldn't see anything.

My emby updated to 4.7.2 and I'm not aware of any issues to my files as a result.

I read the new features guide and saw song lyrics is now a possibility.

I followed the guide /screenshots and all seemed well. I installed the suggested lyric finder and to try it out just selected a couple of songs from different artists which it found and displayed in its app. I then did a scan of the music library in embyI was  as suggested. I then went into emby and to the songs I had done the lyric search on. There was no lyrics but more importantly I couldn't see the lyric icon which is shown in the screenshots ( left of he three icons)

I have tried restarting the server and also the pc which it is on but the icon isn't there. I also have emby on a tablet and again it's not showing.

I was wondering if I need to enable something or if anyone else is having the same issue using windows 10 pc as where the server is located.

Alan1962

Hi

My understanding (possibly wrong) was the music lyric app added the lyrics to the file as a tag ?

The music files themselves are located on the c drive of the pc ,although I do also have some on the d drive but the two selected are on the c drive

Happy2Play

Did you Refresh the albums/tracks that added lyrics to?

image.png.04a7fd4ac3f4f49b36c42eb40cfeadbc.png

Last resort remove album, do library scan, readd album, scan library do lyrics appear?

Alan1962

It was the mediahuman lyric finder as mentioned in the guide. It was from their site and I let it install to default folder on my c drive. The lyrics looked fine in that program when I did the searches appearing on the right hand side 

OK, try refreshing the metadata on one of the tracks that you did this for.

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, Alan1962 said:

It was the mediahuman lyric finder as mentioned in the guide. It was from their site and I let it install to default folder on my c drive. The lyrics looked fine in that program when I did the searches appearing on the right hand side 

So you exported txt files alongside the track with this program and Refreshed that album/tracks in Emby?

image.png.6774b6e6ab9ee8510c1cd2f1839d1f92.png

Alan1962

Sorted,well kind !

The refresh didn't work.

I went back to the lyric finder and did an album (folder option) rather than the track option. I then removed the folder from where emby picks it up and to check did a rescan and it had gone. I then put it back in the folder emby searches on and did a library rescan. I then played the first track and the lyric option appeared.

The one thing I hadn't realised is you need premiere which I haven't got !

Thanks for your help and maybe the solution may help anyone else who encounters the problem.

Alan1962

As a suggestion it may be worth adding that premiere is required in the guide. It is shown in other parts of the guide where premiere is required but not in that section.

• 9 months later...
6 hours ago, IsidroTurner said:

I also had this problem. Unfortunately, only a call to tech support helped.

Hi, what problem did you have?

IsidroTurner
On 6/7/2022 at 9:56 PM, Alan1962 said:

Hi.

Apologies if this covered elsewhere have looked but couldn't see anything.

My emby updated to 4.7.2 and I'm not aware of any issues to my files as a result.

I read the new features guide and saw song lyrics is now a possibility.

I followed the guide /screenshots and all seemed well. I installed the suggested lyric finder and to try it out just selected a couple of songs from different artists which it found and displayed in its app. I then did a scan of the itunes music promotion library in embyI was  as suggested. I then went into emby and to the songs I had done the lyric search on. There was no lyrics but more importantly I couldn't see the lyric icon which is shown in the screenshots ( left of he three icons)

I have tried restarting the server and also the pc which it is on but the icon isn't there. I also have emby on a tablet and again it's not showing.

I was wondering if I need to enable something or if anyone else is having the same issue using windows 10 pc as where the server is located.

I understand my problem and yours. The old version no longer supported the features you needed. After updating the app, everything started working perfectly.

• Thanks 1