Why can't I delete "Collections" from my library?

Juan Simón
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

Juan Simón
Emby server v4.7.2.0

Why can't I delete "Collections" from my library? I have not created this folder.

image.png.cbb8fde964053e896cd276113be534a5.png

• Like 1

GrimReaper

That is virtual folder, automatically created according your movie library settings. 

If you want to get rid of it, you can either:

1) HIDE: Disable access in User Access tab, so it won't be displayed on Home Screen

or

2) DELETE: Shutdown Emby server; in your install-dir\programdata\root\default (Windows default path: C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\root\default) folder delete Collections subfolder, upon which it will become Mixed-content type library and you'll be able to delete it the regular way upon server restart

But if you don't change your movie library settings (or you store NFOs with media that contains <set> tag), it will just be re-created again. 

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo

Juan Simón

@GrimReaperthanks for the answer.

The option 1 doesn't exist. This folder does not appear in this list because it is virtual.

About option 2, where is this information stored in Linux? Because even in the help I can't find information about this on Linux.

GrimReaper

You're right, although it is virtual it used to be there, same as Playlists are. Nvm, just untick "Display on Home Screen" in your user Home Screen settings to hide it. 

And sorry, nope, not familiar with Linux path, you posted under General/Windows, I'll move your topic to Linux forum subsection and likely someone will chime-in with that info. 

pwhodges
29 minutes ago, Juan Simón said:

The option 1 doesn't exist. This folder does not appear in this list because it is virtual.

It's in the user's home page settings that you can hide it.

image.jpeg.13bfc29dc5ba9a98c9224b5cedaca6b0.jpeg

Paul

Juan Simón

The client is on Android TV and there is no option to hide this nor in the user's configuration on the server.

Edited by Juan Simón

• Solution
GrimReaper

AndroidTV client will inherit whatever you set in WebUI, Settings>Home Screen for any particular user. 

• Thanks 1