Some HEVC videos not smooth.

ShaoXin

ShaoXin

My mobile phone freezes when playing x265 video, but I tried some other x265 videos, no problem, my mobile phone performance is definitely strong enough.
Both the Android App and Server are the latest versions, and they are played directly in the local area network without transcoding.
I tried to play the video file directly with VLC(VLC doesn't show hardware or software decoding), there is no problem. The hardware decoding of MX Player Pro is not smooth, and the software decoding is smooth.
So on emby, how do I solve this problem?

x265-video-example.zip

Edited by ShaoXin

Hi, so you're saying you need a way to switch to software decoding?

ShaoXin
13 minutes ago, Luke said:

If there is a way, can you provide it?

Also I have a problem, the srt subtitles appear in the middle of the screen instead of the bottom, what is the reason for this? There is no style in the srt file, so why does it appear in the middle of the screen instead of the bottom?

Emby for android 3.2.47

Edited by ShaoXin

ShaoXin

Well, when I found out that the subtitles were not positioned properly, I clicked the picture-in-picture function and then went back to full screen and the subtitles were normal, I think it should be a bug.

• 3 weeks later...
ShaoXin
On 6/7/2022 at 12:19 AM, Luke said:

Can you help me? Currently playing some mp4 HEVC video directly on emby android is still stuck, the same file is no problem on Plex.

I know there is a temporary fix with mkvtoolnix, but there are too many files.

Edited by ShaoXin

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, yes we can look at a way to offer software transcoding. Thanks for the feedback.

ShaoXin
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

By the way, what device and version of android are you playing on?

XIAOMI 11, Android 12

So it sounds like vlc disables hardware acceleration automatically for this device without giving you a way to control it, right?

ShaoXin
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

So it sounds like vlc disables hardware acceleration automatically for this device without giving you a way to control it, right?

After testing, whether thehardware decoding is turned on or not in the vlc settings, the video playback is smooth. The mx player hardware decoding does not play the video smoothly, and the hardware decoding + and software decoding are no problem.