Unable to install. Please try again later. (118)

aiannetta

aiannetta

Has anyone encountered the error message in the title when trying to install Emby? I had an issue with the app not loading so deleted it and tried to immediately reinstall, been getting that message for about 2 months now whenever I try to reinstall. 

If you have encountered it, what did you do to resolve the issue, or get around it?

Thanks!

SamES

Make sure your TV has an internet connection.  You can also try removing power from the TV for a minute then try installing again

aiannetta

Hello,

I tried that, including letting sit overnight with power unplugged and with the Ethernet cable out. I tried to install it again, no luck, tried two other apps and they both installed with no issues, seems to be just Emby that I encounter the problem with. Any other ideas are appreciated.

Thanks!

SamES

What model is your tv?  Do you have any local firewall, pihole or other service that might be blocking traffic to the Samsung servers?

Have you definitely uninstalled the old app?  You need to do more than remove it from the Home ribbon. Go into apps and make sure it is removed. 

k0Lm.

Hi

Try clearing cache that helped me, that was on a mu61xx

Edited by k0Lm.
Misread, correcting

aiannetta

@SamES @Luke I had unplugged the power and Ethernet and let it sit overnight. Plugged them both back in, tried to install the app again and received the same error message. 

I do use a firewall but connection to Samsung servers is fine, I installed other apps to confirm it is making the connection.

Emby has been fully deleted from the TV, I did it from the apps section when I deleted it. There is only the stock apps and like 4 or 5 others on the TV. The TV model is UN65MU6300. Also worth mentioning I’ve checked for updates for the TV and it comes back saying it is up to date.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

SamES
14 minutes ago, aiannetta said:

@SamES @Luke I had unplugged the power and Ethernet and let it sit overnight. Plugged them both back in, tried to install the app again and received the same error message. 

I do use a firewall but connection to Samsung servers is fine, I installed other apps to confirm it is making the connection.

Emby has been fully deleted from the TV, I did it from the apps section when I deleted it. There is only the stock apps and like 4 or 5 others on the TV. The TV model is UN65MU6300. Also worth mentioning I’ve checked for updates for the TV and it comes back saying it is up to date.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Can you try briefly disabling the firewall?  The USB installed apps probably connect to a different Samsung server for validation, so even though other apps install fine, as this is not a store app it is a different process.

Unfortunately, failing that the only other alternative is likely to be to reset the SmartHub on the TV which would mean reinstalling and configuring your installed apps.  However, as you have mentioned that there are only the stock apps with 4 or 5 others, maybe this is not such a big issue for you.

aiannetta

@SamES

Hi,

I did a full factory reset of the tv and still received the same error message when trying to install Emby. 

This was a store app install from the Samsung apps section not a USB install, not sure what you are referring to. Firewall is open and blockers disabled..

For full transparency, prior to the issue I had it installed from the Samsung App Store on a usb thumb drive that was installed on the tv as I was having the issue with storage space that was common to these tvs prior to the latest update.. The Emby app seemed to be corrupted (just displayed various alphanumeric characters on a screen when loaded) so I deleted it and tried to reinstall on the tv with no luck and have been getting this error since. There is 188 MB of space right now so should have plenty of room.

Any other thoughts on what could be causing the issue or workarounds now that I have done a reset?

SamES

Thanks for the update.  Sorry, I didn't realise that you were installing from the app store.  It is rare for people to have issues with that.

I didn't realise it was possible to install the app from the store onto a USB.  That is something I would like to try as my TV is a similar age to yours.

I don't know why you would be having this issue, or what else to suggest.  Normally a full smarthub reset would solve any TV specific issues.  The only detail I can find on your error code is that it is having trouble communicating with the app store/Samsungs servers.

When I was mentioning USB, we have a Beta version of the app that can be installed via USB.  It is generally a very stable release and is the basis for the next app store submission.  If you are having issues getting the appstore version installed, you could try it until the next app store release.

You just need to be sure to fully uninstall the installed version and cycle power on the TV before installing the other version if you are wanting to switch between the store and USB versions.  The other thing to be aware of is that the USB Beta release has a built in (by Samsung) 30 day expiry, which means you need to install the latest update each month.  While this can be frustrating for some users, it's not always a bad thing.

You could try this at least until the next app store release, then you could give it another go if that is your preference.