Cheesegeezer

Just checking in, I’m really looking forward to this being released, 

@kingy444 are you working on this in the background? Any updates for us

• Like 2

Junglejim
16 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Just checking in, I’m really looking forward to this being released, 

@kingy444 are you working on this in the background? Any updates for us

Yea me to..! I can't see this part timer doing anything! Just F@#king with people.. SAD!

• Like 1

Wheemer

Wow, talk about coming in like a wrecking ball...

We love you Chef, your work speaks for itself.

I hope we can all look past this towards a greater goal, through cohesive cooperation. Gentle steps...

• 2 weeks later...
slevin7

Yes, unfortunately, everyone.

I really hope that chef will take over his plugin again at some point.

gillmacca01

So, I might as well remove it and re-install the one from the plugin catalogue, as I cannot configure anything

chef

Those SmartMatches are unstable.

I dont know exactly why.

Also kingy has some UI changes coming.

It uses a grid layout instead of flex.

As for the smart matches, I'll continue to look at the code and see where things go wrong.

In the meantime, there are so e new options there if you are going to point watched folders directly to a folder which contains compressed recording.

In that case, switching the toggle will allow you to choose a preprocessing folder, which will handle your recordings automatically.

If you don't toggle this option on, then you'd most likely have another application preprocessing your recording.

Cool!

• Thanks 2

AdrianW

@chef Thanks for getting Auto Organise working again.

One thing I'd like to see fixed is making it only copy one file at a time. I just organised 5 episodes of the same series and all 5 files were copied simultaneously, that has to be really bad for both copy performance and file fragmentation on the destination. 

• Like 1

chef
5 hours ago, AdrianW said:

@chef Thanks for getting Auto Organise working again.

One thing I'd like to see fixed is making it only copy one file at a time. I just organised 5 episodes of the same series and all 5 files were copied simultaneously, that has to be really bad for both copy performance and file fragmentation on the destination. 

I was able to do this.

It ties up the thread. This causes the files  to copy one after another, and stops any asynchronous attempts.

🤔 Should that be an option in the setting though? 

Or, if the eligible file count is small just copy them over asynchronously, but if the file count is high do them in order?

chef

This:

FileOrganizationResult result;
                        if (eligibleFiles.Count > 3) //This could be an option in settings
                        {
                            result = organizer.OrganizeFile(false, file.FullName, options, cancellationToken).Result; //<== "Result" will stop multiple organizations at once, and process one at a time. Yes, calling "Result". So sue me.
                        }
                        else
                        {
                            result = await organizer.OrganizeFile(false, file.FullName, options, cancellationToken); //<== Process them all at once, or when TPL starts them.
                        }

Edited by chef

Cheesegeezer
35 minutes ago, chef said:

Let's see what @kingy444 has next.

He has been working diligently. :)  

psssssst Chef..... check your pm's

• 2 weeks later...
Flux02400

Hi, just for report a little bug, the option "Create sub-directory per Movie" have an issue, it always create folder no matter you uncheck the box.

thx 

• Thanks 1

chef
3 hours ago, Cthalpa said:

Saving settings is not working...

Hi! Can I see a log? You can pm me it if you want.

Did you completely shut down the server, remove the fileorganizer.db and then restart the server?

chef
On 8/4/2022 at 9:09 AM, Flux02400 said:

Hi, just for report a little bug, the option "Create sub-directory per Movie" have an issue, it always create folder no matter you uncheck the box.

thx 

I have fixed this here:

Emby.AutoOrganize_v1.6.41.35.zip

Also:

• While bulk organizing, items might get stuck in a 'checking' state. If this happens simply press the "Re-process" button to do just that.
  • Fixed While organizing with corrections a movie parent folder was always created. Now it honors the settings.
  • Searching queries the database instead of what is loaded on screen.
  • visual enhancements for action buttons.
  • Other small bug fixes.
Edited by chef
  • Like 3

slevin7

1 hour ago, neik said:

chef, do we need to remove the existing database with this update?

It doesn't look to me like you need to remove the DB.
If it does, I've done something wrong apparently. 

• Like 1

Flux02400
8 hours ago, chef said:

I have fixed this here:

Emby.AutoOrganize_v1.6.41.35.zip 247.95 kB · 3 downloads

Also:

• While bulk organizing, items might get stuck in a 'checking' state. If this happens simply press the "Re-process" button to do just that.
  • Fixed While organizing with corrections a movie parent folder was always created. Now it honors the settings.
  • Searching queries the database instead of what is loaded on screen.
  • visual enhancements for action buttons.
  • Other small bug fixes.

Same issue: (i have copy the updated dll and delete fileorganization.db)

When "create folder" is unchecked and folder pattern is set then it "auto organize" automatically but create folder.

<CreateMovieInFolder>false</CreateMovieInFolder>
  <MovieFolderPattern>%mn</MovieFolderPattern>

When "create folder" in unchecked and folder pattern is blank then it can't "auto organize" you have to do it manualy but it works and don't create folder

<MovieFolderPattern />

thx

• Thanks 1

chef
3 hours ago, Flux02400 said:

Same issue: (i have copy the updated dll and delete fileorganization.db)

When "create folder" is unchecked and folder pattern is set then it "auto organize" automatically but create folder.

<MovieFolderPattern>%mn</MovieFolderPattern>

When "create folder" in unchecked and folder pattern is blank then it can't "auto organize" you have to do it manualy but it works and don't create folder

<MovieFolderPattern />

thx

wow, tricky bug you found there.

It was hiding in a condition which ignored options. You'd have to know how the entire solution works to actually spot it.

Interestingly enough it has opened another bug which will mark an "Existing Item" as "New Edition" if you change that option after initially sorting an item, and attempting to re-process it.

So... I will look at that, however this should fix the movie folder options bug here:

Emby.AutoOrganize_v1.6.41.36.zip

Good work finding this. Thank you.

• Like 1

chef
16 hours ago, Cthalpa said:

Saving settings is not working...

... and how did you fair with getting this up and running?

Flux02400

Hi,

Another problem (seems due to charsets french) the é,è,à,â etc are not transfert properly:

"Astérix et Obélix Mission Clépâtre (2002)"  become  "Ast Rix Et Ob Lix Mission Cl Op Tre (2002)"

And Cthalpa is right, saving settings are not working well,  example:  for movie pattern name and smart autodetect movie (i'm not testing shows for now), modify are not saving.

Personaly, i edit manually autoorganize.xml for those two settings and continue testing 

thx,