chef

chef
2 hours ago, mofa2016 said:

no respond after clicking "run  task"

Hi @mofa2016.

Could I please see a log.

many thanks 

AdrianW

This is doing some weird stuff with 4.8.0.1.

• Clicking the "Run Task" button does nothing. I had to run the "Organize new media files" task from the Scheduled Tasks tab instead.
  • It appears to copy ALL files at the same time instead of processing them one at a time. This is extremely bad for performance.
  • When overwriting - it doesn't delete the old version if it had a different extension (e.g. when replacing an mp4 with an mkv).

slevin7

Hello,
thank you for the plugin.
But I think I have found a bug.
I have the latest beta and think there is a module missing.image.thumb.png.b770db55c512f0777c4583c5dbf22ecf.png

kingy444
1 minute ago, slevin7 said:

Hello,
thank you for the plugin.
But I think I have found a bug.
I have the latest beta and think there is a module missing.image.thumb.png.b770db55c512f0777c4583c5dbf22ecf.png

Thanks mate - already sorted 😉 

we unfortunately don’t have a beta release with that code ready for here yet as there is a fair bit of rework going on at the moment and I’m not sure we are ready for public beta again yet.

For now this version will only function with 4.7 but when 4.8 is the stable release we would hope to have a new release ready 😉 

• Thanks 1

kingy444

Evening all - I started working on this project around this time last year then had some family issues and moved onto some other Dev work in the Home Automation space and @chef has obviously taken the reigns since then.

I’m back onboard getting this one complete with finishing touches and hoping we can compile a list of any outstanding ‘feature requests’

Not guaranteeing anything, but trying to compile a list so we know what’s outstanding.

Please post here or pm me if you have any requests and tag me so I don’t miss it

Cheesegeezer
8 hours ago, kingy444 said:

Evening all - I started working on this project around this time last year then had some family issues and moved onto some other Dev work in the Home Automation space and @chef has obviously taken the reigns since then.

I’m back onboard getting this one complete with finishing touches and hoping we can compile a list of any outstanding ‘feature requests’

Not guaranteeing anything, but trying to compile a list so we know what’s outstanding.

Please post here or pm me if you have any requests and tag me so I don’t miss it

Where is your own thread from when you started this?

I know chef has been maintaining  auto organise for emby and then HE decided to start auto organise 2.0 to improve it massively.

Have you spoken with @chef to collaborate with him or are you simply just taking over?

kingy444
1 minute ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Where is your own thread from when you started this?

I know chef has been maintaining  auto organise for emby and then HE decided to start auto organise 2.0 to improve it massively.

Have you spoken with @chef to collaborate with him or are you simply just taking over?

Actually Luke one of the main devs manages the current stable plug-in.

I don’t need to have a thread here to have started working on this over a year ago. When we started work it wasn’t going to be 2.0 we were simply adding these features to v1 however that doesn’t discount involvement.

Chef definitely took the reigns in my absence and his work justifies renaming to 2.0 in my mind with the changes to the db and the code improvements. He was also much more public in the time I stepped away but that doesn’t mean I should need to justify myself here either.

I tagged @chef then as I have now - we are actively working together now and he could obviously call me out if I was talking smack

I was trying to take the opportunity to reach out and let people know I was helping again, and see if there was any features or bugs they thought needed attention and hadn’t been noted.

However, as it seems I need to justify my involvement  - I will refer YOU to the open pull requests over at GitHub and point you towards the dates. https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.AutoOrganize/pulls

Hopefully that clears things up.

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, kingy444 said:

Actually Luke one of the main devs manages the current stable plug-in.

I don’t need to have a thread here to have started working on this over a year ago. When we started work it wasn’t going to be 2.0 we were simply adding these features to v1 however that doesn’t discount involvement.

Chef definitely took the reigns in my absence and his work justifies renaming to 2.0 in my mind with the changes to the db and the code improvements. He was also much more public in the time I stepped away but that doesn’t mean I should need to justify myself here either.

I tagged @chef then as I have now - we are actively working together now and he could obviously call me out if I was talking smack

I was trying to take the opportunity to reach out and let people know I was helping again, and see if there was any features or bugs they thought needed attention and hadn’t been noted.

However, as it seems I need to justify my involvement  - I will refer YOU to the open pull requests over at GitHub and point you towards the dates. https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.AutoOrganize/pulls

Hopefully that clears things up.

Well generally we let people know what we are working on. But its all good. At least that way anyone wishing to collaborate can join
So now you are back on the scene when do you expect a release date? 

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

@kingy444

Anyways i hope you are please with yourself… we have just lost a great plugin developer… he’s off now and between you and a few others, that think you can do better, and rip off/take over projects that he was actively working on,  or posting code all over the forums. He’s just done!! 
justify yourself all you want… i am really annoyed!! And one pull request to improve logging isn’t a huge contribution.

luke originally authored Auto-organise. Chef has the source code and was maintaining it. 

so you better pull your socks up and finish this now.

kingy444
8 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Anyways i hope you are please with yourself… we have just lost a great plugin developer… he’s off now and between you and a few others, that think you can do better, and rip off/take over projects that he was actively working on,  or posting code all over the forums. He’s just done!!

I’m honestly confused - conversations I have had with him have been very civil and I never intentionally tried to claim his work.

Looking back I can only assume perhaps my comment of ‘beginning work on this’ may have been taken the wrong way.

I’ve messaged @chef as this is not the outcome I or anyone else wants - i had some spare time again and wanted to come and help  out. I have never claimed I can do better than chef and have only been trying to do the leg work I can.

if my comments about timing were perhaps offensive, this was more related to your tone towards me when I was definitely trying to support the plugin and implement more features when all this work started.

TBC for anyone reading this - @chef is solely responsible for the core code in v2 and has made massive improvements in code footprint and I do not believe I was going to deliver a better or more robust product that what chef has put together. On multiple occasions I have asked for his input, asked him to fix something I couldn’t and passed on my praises.

Any comment about involvement relate to conversations I had with Luke and Chef over a year ago. I was not trying to claim chefs work and any comment I made about involvement refer solely to Auto Organize as a whole and not v2.

The pull request in question related to more than just logging and Chef and I have even had a laugh that the code he has implemented was almost the same as what i had submitted.

i honestly hope this is a misunderstanding, and have offered to step aside if @chef so wishes.

Cheesegeezer

@kingy444

this is your bag now, you need to deliver after saying you are back now and will take it from here!  And not just here in the other thread also

chef is out of the whole scene.

Edited by Cheesegeezer

roaku
18 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

@kingy444

this is your bag now, you need to deliver after saying you are back now and will take it from here!  And not just here in the other thread also

Please stop attacking everyone.

• Agree 1

Cheesegeezer
4 minutes ago, roaku said:

Please stop attacking everyone.

?? He’s just nailed another great developer out of the emby eco system… why shouldn’t i be annoyed!! 

roaku
1 minute ago, Cheesegeezer said:

?? He’s just nailed another great developer out of the emby eco system… why shouldn’t i be annoyed!! 

They did not.

Cheesegeezer
3 minutes ago, roaku said:

They did not.

And your evidence is what?

roaku
Just now, Cheesegeezer said:

And your evidence is what?

No.

DarKni8

@chefwont be developing for emby anymore? 😵😵its a big blow , he was the most helpful person here and his skills as a developer, we all know.

kingy444
1 minute ago, DarKni8 said:

@chefwont be developing for emby anymore? 😵😵its a big blow , he was the most helpful person here and his skills as a developer, we all know.

I completely agree and I sincerely hope things cool down as he clearly a valued developer.

He has published many great plugins and provided a lot of support for all of them not just this one.

I’m honestly watching my email notification like a hawk hoping he replies as I feel like a right a-hole. Never intended to upset anyone and the only reason to reach out here was to help compile peoples requirements and requests - it should have just meant quicker delivery.

As I mentioned, conversation in our chat has been the complete opposite of what is mentioned here and we have been discussing the different features with a number of end users to get the best product out for people.

Hopefully he is just busy and can understand no malice was intended here.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Guest phoenixexcinere
12 hours ago, DarKni8 said:

If it's so, it makes me very sad😭 I hope he comes back

I hope all this misunderstanding goes away, after all, you are all a team here.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Junglejim
On 20/06/2022 at 03:48, Cheesegeezer said:

@kingy444

I truly hope this is not the case!

vaise

I hope @chef is around. I hope he has not had an accident or something.