Empty Channels in the lineup

sward

sward

Hello - I recently had to delete and add back my tuners, and after doing so I now have a bunch of channels in the guide that are "not mapped to any guide data." Prior to deleting and adding my tuners back, these 'empty' channels didn't show up in the guide, as I had purposely deselected them under 'settings --> live TV --> channels.' How do I make these empty rows disappear from my guide?

Hi.  Make sure you don't have an old Live TV plug-in installed that may be providing them.

On 6/3/2022 at 2:24 PM, sward said:

How would I do that? 

Hi @sward in Emby Live TV setup, have you tried clicking Channels in the top tabs? This will bring you to the Channel Management screen.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

sward

Yes, that is precisely the problem. After adding back my tuners, channels that were deselected in the Channels tab are still populating the guide, albeit with empty rows.

If you removed and readded the tuners then you'll need to go through the channel management process again. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

You can use the channel management screen to disable channels that you don't want.

sward

If you're talking about the Channels tab where you can deselect channels, that's not fixing my issue. As an example I don't want channels 2, 3, or 4 but they are appearing as empty rows in my guide. If I re-enable them on the channels tab, I now have 2 of each channel.

8 minutes ago, sward said:

If you're talking about the Channels tab where you can deselect channels, that's not fixing my issue. As an example I don't want channels 2, 3, or 4 but they are appearing as empty rows in my guide. If I re-enable them on the channels tab, I now have 2 of each channel.

Then you just have multiple entries of those channels. Have you scrolled through the entire list?  I would also make sure to run the refresh guide scheduled task.

• 2 weeks later...
sward

So now that I've removed a bunch of unmapped channels that I didn't want, there are a handful that I want to keep, but are still showing up as unmapped. What can I do to map guide data to these channels? My lineup in the Emby Guide Data is "Verizon FiOS Montgomery Village", and the unmapped channels are as follows:

image.png.c6a726076160906bfea0198c7e2eff64.png

3 hours ago, sward said:

So now that I've removed a bunch of unmapped channels that I didn't want, there are a handful that I want to keep, but are still showing up as unmapped. What can I do to map guide data to these channels? My lineup in the Emby Guide Data is "Verizon FiOS Montgomery Village", and the unmapped channels are as follows:

image.png.c6a726076160906bfea0198c7e2eff64.png

Hi, have you explored clicking on them to map them manually?

sward

But if there's no guide data for a given channel in the Emby Guide Data, what would I be mapping it to? For example Fusion should be available on channels 108 and 1552 according to the Verizon website (see below), but as far as I can tell there's no guide data anywhere in the Emby Guide Data to map these channels to.

image.thumb.png.beedd5cd184fe0e0d619153b0146caed.png

I took a look at your lineup and don't see either of these channels with those channel numbers or any other.

Have you tried taking a look at nearby areas in the same time zone to see if the Fusion channels are present?

PS just reported this to our provider.

• 4 weeks later...