Hauppage tuner not recording

PoBear

PoBear

Hi 

I have a Hauppage Win-TV DualHD tuner attached to my Emby Server machine.

I've had it recording the occasional programme without problem but today needed it to record several programmes at once but it is has only recorded one channel.

So, as it is a dual tuner I expected it to be able to record two channels at the same time and as I record from UK Freeview it should have been able to record (on each tuner), all the channels on the same mux.

Have I misunderstood what Live TV is capable of at the moment?

If not, what diagnostics do you need?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, we don't currently support multiple channel recordings on the same mux although it's something we are looking into.

Does that answer your question?

PoBear

Thanks for the reply but it only partially answers the question, what about the fact it has two tuners but is only recording on one? I note someone else has reported an issue with this.

7 hours ago, PoBear said:

Thanks for the reply but it only partially answers the question, what about the fact it has two tuners but is only recording on one? I note someone else has reported an issue with this.

What do you mean exactly? Can you please provide an example? Thanks.

PoBear

The Hauppage Win-TV DualHD tuner has two DVB-T2 tuners and should (ignoring the Mux issue) be able to record two TV streams at the same time, however, it only appears to be recording on one tuner.

I've just done a quick test to record two programmes at the same time. on different Mux's so both tuners would need to be used, only one has recorded, the second that I set up the other has not recorded.

I've just done a quick test to record two programmes at the same time. on different Mux's so both tuners would need to be used, only one has recorded, the second that I set up the other has not recorded.

Can we please look at an example?

Thanks.

PoBear

OK so I have run another test tonight, two recordings staggered this time, on different Muxes so both tuners should be used. I've taken screenshots at each stage

Both programmes set to record

image.png.391e177aa1945e73862c3cd1d3eb34e2.png

and in scheduled recordings

image.png.65cd0d5247e0dea8ff846614021aad1c.png

The first programme (The Repair Shop) has started and is being recorded. Note Premiership Rugby is still showing as pending.

image.png.705e0c2701be8b07f8e8e7bca029d741.png

The second programme reaches it's start time but has now disappeared from the schedule. It was not recorded.

image.png.11603fff874cef84171ad8d110eca49b.png

jliebau

I have the same problem. In previous version of Emby, was able to record / watch two separate TV channels at the same time. With new server 4.7 it will only record on one. Just one of many problems I'm having with 4.7  How do I revert to previous version of Emby server?

chjohans

I'm on the latest Emby server 4.7.2.0 on Windows 10, and using the built-in Live TV with a Hauppauge WinTV dualHD tuner. Emby will consistently only use *one* of it's tuners, whenever I try to view a Live TV channel when only one tuner is busy (either recording or someone watching Live TV), Emby will give me the error message "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.".

This is what's being logged in the server log, and indeed it indicates that both tuners are in use, or at least that no tuner is available:

2022-06-13 20:12:19.207 Info LiveTvManager: Opening channel stream, external channel Id: hauppauge_1
2022-06-13 20:12:19.207 Info LiveTV: Streaming Channel hauppauge_1, with streamId: native_3296d406dcc9cb9b62aeaef99612ba6b
2022-06-13 20:12:19.208 Error LiveTV: Error in GetChannelStreamWithDirectStreamProvider
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.2.0
	Command line: C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\EmbyServer.dll -service
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19044
	Framework: .NET 6.0.5
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/media/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/System/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application path: C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System
	MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.LiveTvConflictException: MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.LiveTvConflictException: WinTV-dualHD simultaneous stream limit has been reached.
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.BaseTunerHost.GetChannelStream(TunerHostInfo tuner, BaseItem dbChannnel, String tunerChannelId, String mediaSourceId, List`1 currentLiveStreams, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.GetChannelStreamWithDirectStreamProvider(BaseItem dbChannel, String providerChannelId, String streamId, List`1 currentLiveStreams, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: MediaBrowser.Controller
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

2022-06-13 20:12:19.210 Error MediaSourceManager: Error opening live stream
	*** Error Report ***
	Command line: C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\EmbyServer.dll -service
	Runtime: C:/Users/media/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/System/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.LiveTvConflictException: MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.LiveTvConflictException: WinTV-dualHD simultaneous stream limit has been reached.
	   at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.GetChannelStreamWithDirectStreamProvider(BaseItem dbChannel, String providerChannelId, String streamId, List`1 currentLiveStreams, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvManager.GetChannelStream(String id, String mediaSourceId, List`1 currentLiveStreams, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.OpenLiveStreamInternal2(LiveStreamRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

2022-06-13 20:12:19.216 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	   at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvManager.GetChannelStream(String id, String mediaSourceId, List`1 currentLiveStreams, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.OpenLiveStreamInternal2(LiveStreamRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.OpenLiveStreamInternal(LiveStreamRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.OpenLiveStream(LiveStreamRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.MediaInfoService.OpenMediaSource(OpenMediaSource request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.MediaInfoService.GetPlaybackInfo(GetPostedPlaybackInfo request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.MediaInfoService.Post(GetPostedPlaybackInfo request)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

2022-06-13 20:12:19.216 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 500 to ‌‍‍192.168.3.1‌. Time: 12ms. http://‌‍‍emby.punggol21.duckdns.org‌/emby/Items/13967504/PlaybackInfo?UserId=9d75e7c77a294c92a546324846bc3f80&StartTimeTicks=0&IsPlayback=true&AutoOpenLiveStream=true&MaxStreamingBitrate=140000000&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Google Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=6cd7882f-cd77-4fb2-8f3c-84df3a3f8002&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.7.2.0&reqformat=json
2022-06-13 20:12:21.978 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://‌‍‍192.168.3.105‌:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Progress?X-Emby-Client=Emby Theater&X-Emby-Device-Name=punggol21-media&X-Emby-Device-Id=punggol21-media&X-Emby-Client-Version=3.0.15&reqformat=json. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) EmbyTheater/3.0.15 Chrome/87.0.4280.141 Electron/11.3.0 Safari/537.36
2022-06-13 20:12:21.980 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 204 to ‌‍‍192.168.3.150‌. Time: 1ms. http://‌‍‍192.168.3.105‌:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Progress?X-Emby-Client=Emby Theater&X-Emby-Device-Name=punggol21-media&X-Emby-Device-Id=punggol21-media&X-Emby-Client-Version=3.0.15&reqformat=json

At the same time I can open WinTV and view a channel from there, and I've confirmed that the ongoing recording or Live TV program in Emby continue to stream. The second tuner is free and available for sure, and I can use it outside of Emby!

Why is this happening and what can I do to get Emby to use *both* the tuners in my Hauppauge dualHD?

I'm trying to migrate from Kodi to exclusivly use Emby clients, but Live TV is an essential part that we need, and so far Emby's Live TV (which is not free but a paid feature mind you) have not impressed compared with Kodi and it's PVR plugins.

Edit: I am able to watch the *same* channel as is currently being recorded, I am guessing Emby is just re-using the same stream. because I can still watch another channel outside of Emby in WinTV 10, and tune to a different channel with no problem.

Edited by chjohans

emveepee

You choose to upgrade to 4.7 after I warned NextPVR users that there are bugs in Live TV like this and not to upgrade.  Luke and cayers were also well aware of these bugs before the release and they also knew my opinion that the Emby client was not ready to compete with Kodi for Live TV.  The decision was still made to release and  it didn't certainly help the release was poorly documented.

Paying for Emby doesn't make it professional.

Martin

chjohans
4 hours ago, emveepee said:

You choose to upgrade to 4.7 after I warned NextPVR users that there are bugs in Live TV like this and not to upgrade.  Luke and cayers were also well aware of these bugs before the release and they also knew my opinion that the Emby client was not ready to compete with Kodi for Live TV.  The decision was still made to release and  it didn't certainly help the release was poorly documented.

Paying for Emby doesn't make it professional.

Martin

I chose to upgrade after you warned? Really?

It's a bit arrogant to think that should what you post at all times, and always checks your post before I upgrade, don't you think! :) And besides, I'm not really using NextPVR, I'm using the EMbys Hauppauge/WinTV support.

Anyhow, is anything being done to fix this? @Luke? Anyone?

Is there any way at all to get Emby to use both tuners in my Hauppauge dualHD USB stick? I'm open to using another TV backend server, I'm open to pay for that too, but I need things to actually work.

Edited by chjohans

emveepee

I announced this to all users

I suppose since you were talking about using NextPVR it was a bit arrogant to assume that you read this.

Martin

chjohans
11 minutes ago, emveepee said:

I announced this to all users

I suppose since you were talking about using NextPVR it was a bit arrogant to assume that you read this.

Martin

Please scroll back up and read my post again, and slowly this time. Please let me know how may times I mentioned "NextPVR" in my original post.

Zero? Exacly right, that's because I'm *not* using NextPVR with Emby but the the "native" Hauppauge/WinTV support in Emby.

Jeez, I even spell it out for you in my response above but you still won't get it. You are offering no help, just an arrogant "I told you so" even when you didn't.

emveepee
1 hour ago, chjohans said:

Please scroll back up and read my post again, and slowly this time. Please let me know how may times I mentioned "NextPVR" in my original post.

I don't need to read slowly you posted two threads in the NextPVR sub-forum so I was assuming you were originally using NextPVR so I hope you can understand my confusion.    The fact that you complained about the Kodi loss you could not have been using native support in this thread.

Martin

chjohans
11 hours ago, emveepee said:

I don't need to read slowly you posted two threads in the NextPVR sub-forum so I was assuming you were originally using NextPVR so I hope you can understand my confusion.    The fact that you complained about the Kodi loss you could not have been using native support in this thread.

Martin

Exactly, assuming! And yes, I'm using the native support. For Kodi I've been using TV Mosaic.

I do have NextPVR installed too, and I actually donated to them as well, but not using that at the moment. Evaluating my options for Live TV support in Emby, but tit seems to be at the "infant" stage even after all these years. Maybe switching back to Kodi is the best optin.

chjohans
13 hours ago, Luke said:

is this your first time using Emby's built-in support for Hauppauge?

@Luke - Yes, but how is that relevant? 

How about addressing the real issue?

chjohans

@Luke - you asked for an example in this thread: 

What I've posted here is that example, see the server log and my explanation in the first post.

Is this gonna be fixed?

chjohans

I have the exact same issue with the exact same tuner, see my post here: 

At the same time as Emby claims there are no tuners available, I can use the Hauppauge WinTV software to watch a live tv channel from the second tuner on the card (actually USB stick).

Server log is attached in my post. @Luke - please fix this, this is as basic as bread and butter! :)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I notice that the question of getting access to previous versions of Emby was ignored @Luke. The current version of Emby can't find my Hauppauge tuner at all.  Please post previous version installation files!!!

• 8 months later...
catso

Did anyone solve the  wintv dual issue of only recording on one of the tuners?

Edited by catso
spelling