Media no video load, but audio play

brogen

Wolfen420
44 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, have you tried the 1.6.0 Emby app update?

If that question is directed at me then yes. It's already on 1.60(1) it says.

Wolfen420
23 minutes ago, SamES said:

@brogen,@jpw007, @Skyfay, @Wolfen420, can you please confirm

• OS/type version
  • Server app version
  • Whether this issue is with local or remote playback
  • ATV app version

Thanks

• DSM 6.2.4-25556 Update 6
  • Emby Server:  4.7.5.0
  • Local playback
  • 1.6.0(1)
  • Thanks 1

Skyfay
1 hour ago, SamES said:

• OS/type version
  • Server app version
  • ATV app version

Thanks

• Docker on a Linux Machine
  • Emby Server: 4.7.5.0
  • Remote playback
  • i have to look at home but should be latest
  • Thanks 1

jpw007
11 hours ago, SamES said:

• OS/type version
  • Server app version
  • ATV app version

Thanks

• OS/type version: Docker via Unraid
  • Server app version: 4.6.7.0 (last version that has worked and now been running since 22 June), and all releases up to and including 4.7.2.0 have had issues. Have not tried newer than that as of yet due to time constraints and needing access to my media for school holidays.
  • Whether this issue is with local or remote playback: Local. Don't use remote so unsure if it works.
  • ATV app version: Latest (i think it force updates so always running latest release at any one time)
Edited by jpw007

If someone could provide access to their server for testing, please send me a PM with the server url, username, password, and the name of the video that we should test. That would be extremely helpful. Thanks guys.

Skyfay
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

If someone could provide access to their server for testing, please send me a PM with the server url, username, password, and the name of the video that we should test. That would be extremely helpful. Thanks guys.

Do you need an Admin User for testing?

22 minutes ago, Skyfay said:

Do you need an Admin User for testing?

No. Just a user with access to a video exhibiting the problem.

Skyfay
On 7/5/2022 at 7:33 AM, Luke said:

No. Just a user with access to a video exhibiting the problem.

Okay. I sent you the information...

Edited by Skyfay

Wolfen420

@SamESJust curious if there are any updates on this. Any new discoveries or any support we can provide to help resolve this?

SamES
34 minutes ago, Wolfen420 said:

@SamESJust curious if there are any updates on this. Any new discoveries or any support we can provide to help resolve this?

Just testing this now...

• Like 1

SamES
1 hour ago, Wolfen420 said:

From the server, can you try refreshing the metadata for a file you know doesn't play?  Give it a minute, then try playing it.

Wolfen420
35 minutes ago, SamES said:

From the server, can you try refreshing the metadata for a file you know doesn't play?  Give it a minute, then try playing it.

I have confirmed with two separate files that refreshing the metadata (default options) indeed resolves this problem. I could play both of them with the MPV enabled.

Skyfay
1 minute ago, Wolfen420 said:

I have confirmed with two separate files that refreshing the metadata (default options) indeed resolves this problem. I could play both of them with the MPV enabled.

So is that the solution? Refresh all metadata?

Wolfen420
2 minutes ago, Skyfay said:

So is that the solution? Refresh all metadata?

I don't know. It worked for the two files I tried it on. They did not play with MPV off. I refreshed one file. Tried with MPV on. It worked. To check again I checked next file, it did not play video, but only audio (with spinning wheel on video as usual), refreshed its metadata... played fine. Signs are pointing to it being the fix for me at least.

• Like 1

Skyfay

I don't know. It worked for the two files I tried it on. They did not play with MPV off. I refreshed one file. Tried with MPV on. It worked. To check again I checked next file, it did not play video, but only audio (with spinning wheel on video as usual), refreshed its metadata... played fine. Signs are pointing to it being the fix for me at least.

What do you mean by MPV? 😅

Wolfen420
4 minutes ago, Skyfay said:

What do you mean by MPV? 😅

In the settings menu for playback there is an option for use MPV. If you disable that it lets you play some of the files, but it's not fully reliable. I think it's a player. Anyhow, it's more reliable/solid when enabled. But it wasn't working. If you read the previous comments in this thread people found if you turn it off it works sometimes. 

In short. You want MPV on.

Edited by Wolfen420
  • Like 1

Skyfay

In the settings menu for playback there is an option for use MPV. If you disable that it lets you play some of the files, but it's not fully reliable. I think it's a player. Anyhow, it's more reliable/solid when enabled. But it wasn't working. If you read the previous comments in this thread people found if you turn it off it works sometimes. 

Ah got you. Thanks for this information! I try to refreshing all my metadata 😅

i think this could take some time haha

Wolfen420
Just now, Skyfay said:

Ah got you. Thanks for this information! I try to refreshing all my metadata 😅

i think this could take some time haha

Right there with you haha. It's hanging out at 90% for me still on just the TV Shows. I hope this fixes all of them. 

You should of just tried it on a single file to see if that solved your problem first. 

Skyfay
2 minutes ago, Wolfen420 said:

Right there with you haha. It's hanging out at 90% for me still on just the TV Shows. I hope this fixes all of them. 

You should of just tried it on a single file to see if that solved your problem first. 

Nah, i trust you 😉

The problem is i got a special setup and this takes loot of time and i got lots of series so this could take some hours 😅

I think stuck at 90% is normal. 

Wolfen420
Just now, Skyfay said:

Nah, i trust you 😉

The problem is i got a special setup and this takes loot of time and i got lots of series so this could take some hours 😅

I think stuck at 90% is normal. 

I am around 30ish terabytes of videos.