Media no video load, but audio play

brogen

brogen

Hello,

As the title says I have some media that just spins, but the audio plays just fine. ( HAS WORKED FINE BEFORE )

Some movies or series play just fine, only two different series were it won't play.

Works fine on other devices (PC, iPhone)

I've tried:

Reinstalling the Apple TV app

Rebooting the server

Renaming the Apple TV

Removing the device from Emby list.

embyserver.txt

HI, can you provide a copy of the media info from the bottom of the web app detail screen? Thanks.

brogen
Just now, Luke said:

HI, can you provide a copy of the media info from the bottom of the web app detail screen? Thanks.

image.png.8e292e6eb2da7342848056d5deb68c30.png

Hi, that's the server dashboard.   can you provide a copy of the media info from the bottom of the video detail screen? Thanks.

brogen
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Hi, that's the server dashboard.   can you provide a copy of the media info from the bottom of the video detail screen? Thanks.

image.png.84f18b40a74e4a045ecbe0e0c6980f61.png

Edited by brogen

brogen

This specific one doesn't work on the Apple TV nor the Android phone ( Video loading, but audio plays )

image.thumb.png.aa503a5a403d21ffa4ac702aeaca59eb.png

Edited by brogen

brogen
29 minutes ago, Luke said:

And you're saying some files are fine?

Yup, It's only 2 series where this issue happens. Other series, movies etc. work just fine on all devices.

brogen

Now I have another family member the Isn't able to access the Apple TV app, it just spins when he tries to connect (See errors at 2022-06-03 11:46:14.411)

2022-06-03 11:46:14.411
2022-06-03 11:46:14.411

embyserver (1).txt

brogen

I've now located the issue with media not playing on the Apple TV.

If I enable the MPV player, It can't play those specific ones. If I disable it, it works fine.

I don't see it as a solution as this affects the Live TV performance by alot (Loading on a channel takes 10 seconds longer without MPV)

brogen

Don't mind my issue with a family member that couldn't use the Emby app, its solved.

Still an issue:

"I've now located the issue with media not playing on the Apple TV.

If I enable the MPV player, It can't play those specific ones. If I disable it, it works fine.

I don't see it as a solution as this affects the Live TV performance by alot (Loading on a channel takes 10 seconds longer without MPV)"

jpw007

I've been having an issue too, turns out it's with the latest docker images.

Revert back to 4.6.7.0 and it should work. If you're on Unraid for your server just update settings and change repository to: emby/embyserver:4.6.7.0

I tried disabling MPV in the app settings on Apple TV also to no luck. Worked for one file but next the sound was stopping and starting constantly. Whatever has happened since the updates after this has borked something.

brogen

Hello, thanks for the workaround!

I don’t think It’s a permenant solution. I’ll see what the mod/admin says.

jpw007
16 hours ago, brogen said:

Hello, thanks for the workaround!

I don’t think It’s a permenant solution. I’ll see what the mod/admin says.

You're welcome :)

I agree, far from an ideal solution (i personally always run latest and this is the first time i now haven't) but it's a useful bandaid to have the emby library useful again!

• Like 1

Skyfay

Same problem for my dad with Apple TV!
The audio plays but the video just loads.
image.thumb.jpeg.62e6459b3b00cceb61abdd6d5724432a.jpeg

There is a workaround. 
If you go into a series and then click the "Play Next" button, it works! But if he is at a certain Episode e.g. S01 F04 and clicks on the "Play" button it doesn't work.
@Luke Any news?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Wolfen420

Is there any update to this? I have been experiencing the same problem for the past week now. Black screen with spinning circle and only audio. Disabling MPV also works on "some" of the videos but has unusual video glitching going on every few seconds. Frame skips or redraws or something.

• Sad 1

Hi, we are looking into this. Can you provide a sample video for testing? Thanks.

20 minutes ago, Wolfen420 said:

Do you mean an actual video file?

Yes that would be great, thanks.