Live TV / DVR - changing the Default recording path

gel3054

gel3054

I recently installed Emby 4.6.7.0 on Synology NAS using SDMgr 7.1.42661.  Accepted the default paths at installation with the intention of changing later.  Currently running on Chrome browser.

Now when I enter and save the desired new path as: /volume1/Emby/data/livetv/recordings

In examining the new directory where the recording should be in Synology file station I find that everything appears to be there although the size of files are zero and the actual recording is missing altogether.  The video file appears to still be in the original path location.

During the install if I recall correctly, there was an option to retain the prior install which I chose to do and was advised that the name assigned was “emby_PKG_”.  At the time I assumed it would be for the old install and I failed to make a screenshot.  Now I am not sure and actually regret retaining the prior install.

The most recent log file from Emby 4.6.7.0 is attached.

Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Default Paths.png

New Path Entry and Save.png

embyserver.txt

Hi, there are no recording attempts in this log file. Are you sure this is the right one?

Hi, did you make sure to grant access rights to /volume1/Emby/data/livetv/recordings for the Emby user?

gel3054

I recorded a portion of The Rifleman with the default path - confirmed that it successfully recorded.

I then changed the default path to the desired location and then recorded Judge Judy.  I went to Synology file station

and have attached screenshots.  Judge Judy does not play.   

Hopefully this will be what is needed.

DS220 - Synology NAS - Google Chrome 6_2_2022 4_32_08 PM.png

DS220 - Synology NAS - Google Chrome 6_2_2022 4_32_15 PM.png

embyserver (1).txt

Did you see this?

2022-06-02 15:12:27.498 Error LiveTV: Error recording to /volume1/Emby/data/livetv/recordings/Judge Judy (1996)/Season 18/Judge Judy S18E245 Mother-Daughter Rift; Raccoon and Pit Bull Attack; Pawned Albums.ts
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.7.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-synology7_{version}_x86_64.spk
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build13) (gcc version 8.5.0 (GCC) ) #42661 SMP Fri Apr 1 15:33:03 CST 2022
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.21
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 2
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: Disk quota exceeded

gel3054

I had not seen the specific error you noted, however, when I examined the log file I see there are a number of error messages. 

The question is how do I get from where I am to where I should be?

Additionally based upon my monitoring other posts - permissions or access rights to the new path were granted.

Suggestions are welcome for corrective action that will hopefully enable me to get to where I should be.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Your going to need to read your log files, find the problem and fix it.

The obvious first thing to check/fix is removing the disk quotas.

gel3054

After examining my quota settings which were unlimited and my storage manager in DS220+ running on 7.1 -42661 and considering that I had chosen to retain a prior install that could potentially be the cause of interference I decided that starting over by uninstalling EmbyServer and reinstalling would likely be the best route to take.

In reviewing several posts about uninstalling and reinstalling I had found a post by Like dated 11-14-2020 where it was said that deleting the Emby shared folder at the Synology web ui and then reinstalling the package would recreate with a fresh start.  Unfortunately, when I set about to reinstall it did not take me through the installation process that I was hoping for and it did not recreate the deleted shared Emby folder. My assumption is that the “emby__PKG_” and retaining the previous install may be compounding my problems.

I am now looking into the prospects of deleting the necessary files and or folders by logging into the Synology nas using WinWCP.  If I delete EmbyServer folder at /var/packages would that enable me to get the chance to go through the fresh install?

Hi, yes the uninstall process will remove the server itself, but you may need to manually delete the data folder:

Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var

Then reinstall again and that should give you a fresh start. Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

gel3054

Since my last post, I logged into the Synology nas using WinSCP as admin/superuser (as described by FrostByte in a post dated 11-21-2021).  I deleted the directory EmbyServer at “var/packages/EmbyServer”. I then attempted to reinstall Emby Server in Package Center (screenshot attached).  After downloading the server the message “installing” ran for a bit before the installation stopped and a message appeared that states: “Failed to install the package.  Port configured for “Emby Server” is either used by another service or reserved for system use.  Please disable or modify the conflicting service, or contact the developer to modify the package configuration.”

Upon reviewing the router for possible causes for the apparent port conflict I disabled UPnP and deleted a port forward for port 8096 (although it was for Emby)  which I reasonably believe eliminated all references to ports 8096 and 8920.  I then rebooted the router and have restarted the Synology nas.  When I attempted to install again in package center I got the same port conflict error.  I then attempted to do a manual install with the same results.

Short of resetting the Synology nas and setting everything back up from scratch does anyone have a suggestion for a FIX that might enable me to get around the current “port conflict error” so that I may load and setup a fresh install of the latest version of EmbyServer?  Suggestions are appreciated.

20220620170447.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
gel3054

I decided to do a factory reset on the Synology nas (after backing everything up so that I can restore later of course).  The re-intall of Synology 7.1 went flawlessly as did the install of Emby Server 4.6.7.0.

I did notice that when I installed the EmbyServer 4.6 it did not ask for a media path this time.  However, when I made the change in Live TV Advanced to my desired default recording path it also made the desired change flawlessly.  The decision to retain the prior EmbyServer install must have created a conflict that I could not overcome.

The factory re-set was not exactly the desired route but thankfully everything seems to be back on track.  I have not as yet restored everything   taking it step-by-step.    I will install the latest Emby Server 4.7.5.0 soon.  

Thanks for the follow-up and I do appreciate your help and suggestions.