Where is the Plupin Catalog in v3.0.317 ?

rms8

rms8

I searched but didin't find anything.

I currently use Emby on WMC on a Win7 machine in the HT.  Testing how WMC and Emby work on Win10.  So far so good...but...

There is no Plugin Catalog tab in Configuration?  How can I get a hold of Subdued ??? Or any other plugins/themes?  It should be between Playback and Chocolate.

image.png.c1acf66246b72ab870a6820d07f071ae.png

Happy2Play

Pretty sure this applies as options were removed in 4.7+.

rms8
25 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Pretty sure this applies as options were removed in 4.7+.

Well crud.  I wonder if there is a way to get the Subdued theme from my existing Win7 installation and copy it over to the Win10 machine?

I'd love to use Emby Theater, but it's no where near as pretty as Ebmy on WMC can be.  Not even close. I do use Emby Theater on the other machines located in different rooms, but for the home theater it has to look gorgeous and Emby Theater isn't as pretty.

1 hour ago, rms8 said:

Well crud.  I wonder if there is a way to get the Subdued theme from my existing Win7 installation and copy it over to the Win10 machine?

I'd love to use Emby Theater, but it's no where near as pretty as Ebmy on WMC can be.  Not even close. I do use Emby Theater on the other machines located in different rooms, but for the home theater it has to look gorgeous and Emby Theater isn't as pretty.

Why do you think it isn't pretty?

rms8
7 hours ago, Luke said:

Why do you think it isn't pretty?

Let me start off with I love this team. I've been using Emby Since it was simply Media Browser (not 2 or 3 yet). As soon as one could become a premium member I became one. Even with the likes of Plex, Kodi....I still stayed with MB/Emby. It's a very polished product with FANTASTIC SUPPORT !!! you guys are amazing and don't get enough credit and I honestly feel Emby doesn't get enough recognition !!

Emby on WMC is simply the pinnacle on enjoying ones media collection.  It's practically infinitely customizable and if you discover there's something you wish you could tweak/add then someone in the community could simply make it happen. The themes from Throg and Cheesegeezer are hands down ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS !!!!  The coverwall in Subdued, the multiple themes at the same time from Throg.....it just looks so incredible.

I think Emby Theater is a very stripped down version.  By stripped down I mean limited options to visually customize the GUI to one's preference. This is why I use ET on all my clients through out the house since it's very easy to setup and get going.  But for my home theater....the room with an 11' screen, I can't use anything by Emby for WMC since it just LOOKS absolutely stunning with all the theme options which are available for it. Sure it's more complex to setup, but that's the point.  If it didn't have so many options to tweak to exactly one's liking, then it wouldn't be complex.

At this point in time I'm slightly shocked that there aren't compatible themes available for ET.  I know Cheesegeezer has been working on Iridium.  That 100% has an Emby for WMC look and feel to it and may be what ultimately cause's me to use ET in my HT room!  But, until that is available I'm going to rock Emby for WMC and revel in it's beauty every single time I hit the power button.

Thanks guys for ALL THE TIME you commit to this community!

Rob

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
19 hours ago, rms8 said:

All you need to do is copy the dll over.

search for Subdued.dll in appdata folder, probably in the Mediabrowser-WMC folder/plugins

let me see if I’ve got them saved somewhere for you.

Edited by Cheesegeezer

One2Go

Hopefully this will give you some perspective as I share your sentiment and have for myself come to an amiable setup that I believe has the best of both worlds.

I also have a HT with a 136" screen and run an Intel i-7 NUC with Emby server version 4.0.1.0 and the EMC client. I have all of Throg's themes and fully agree they are the pinnacle of the eye candy for media navigation. In addition I have a Roku with the Emby client and it is connected to a QNAP NAS and the Emby server on the NAS is always running the latest version.

The Roku setup is for a quick and not lengthy viewing including sporting events and it is shared with close friends, but again from a purely appearance viewpoint, it functions but is not on the same level as EMC and Throg's themes.

However, we who consume our media using a HT are in a vast minority and it will eventually be a total niche product. I stopped at Emby server 4.0.1.0 because after that something changed that messed with the folder view and I decide I will stay at these versions of EMC & Emby as well as Win 7.

The theme development has been discussed at length and since years have passed I presume Throg will not adapt his themes to the Emby Theater client as he was hesitant at the beginning and now that it has even more become a minority, I am almost certain that all development and maintenance has stopped. I am happy with the different views of the various themes that are applied to my EMC client and it will stay this way until the NUC dies.

Since the media consumption is constantly changing and evolving to different levels, I agree nothing better than getting a drink and munchies firing up the UnRaid servers, and making it a day or evening for viewing a 6 or 8 hour movie collection selected from the 40TB of video collection. In addition I add my gratitude to the developers and support team that have made it easy and pleasant for us.

Cheesegeezer
22 minutes ago, One2Go said:

Hopefully this will give you some perspective as I share your sentiment and have for myself come to an amiable setup that I believe has the best of both worlds.

I also have a HT with a 136" screen and run an Intel i-7 NUC with Emby server version 4.0.1.0 and the EMC client. I have all of Throg's themes and fully agree they are the pinnacle of the eye candy for media navigation. In addition I have a Roku with the Emby client and it is connected to a QNAP NAS and the Emby server on the NAS is always running the latest version.

The Roku setup is for a quick and not lengthy viewing including sporting events and it is shared with close friends, but again from a purely appearance viewpoint, it functions but is not on the same level as EMC and Throg's themes.

However, we who consume our media using a HT are in a vast minority and it will eventually be a total niche product. I stopped at Emby server 4.0.1.0 because after that something changed that messed with the folder view and I decide I will stay at these versions of EMC & Emby as well as Win 7.

The theme development has been discussed at length and since years have passed I presume Throg will not adapt his themes to the Emby Theater client as he was hesitant at the beginning and now that it has even more become a minority, I am almost certain that all development and maintenance has stopped. I am happy with the different views of the various themes that are applied to my EMC client and it will stay this way until the NUC dies.

Since the media consumption is constantly changing and evolving to different levels, I agree nothing better than getting a drink and munchies firing up the UnRaid servers, and making it a day or evening for viewing a 6 or 8 hour movie collection selected from the 40TB of video collection. In addition I add my gratitude to the developers and support team that have made it easy and pleasant for us.

Agreed however the idea of Iridium is kick start the lust for theme development.  Click my signature to take a peek at what i'm working on.

I plan to share all the code on the promise that no one that develops it charges any money for their adaptions.

I have no idea how to write plugins for JavaScript, hell i didn't even know how to write any Javascript until September last year, but i will get there... and hopefully a new universe will open

Cheesegeezer
15 hours ago, rms8 said:

TY !!!!!!

did that work for you and resolve some of the issues you had?

rms8
23 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

did that work for you and resolve some of the issues you had?

YUP ! TY.

But....since I cannot get the configurator to work I cannot assign an external player (I use TMT).  For some reason It won't play blurays using the built in player.

One2Go
On 6/4/2022 at 8:31 AM, rms8 said:

YUP ! TY.

But....since I cannot get the configurator to work I cannot assign an external player (I use TMT).  For some reason It won't play blurays using the built in player.

TMT, that one has been dead for a few years now. I uninstalled all my TMT versions since they no longer launched properly and am using MPC-HT for everything except discs (DVD & BDs) Installed PDVD for that as they had a high discounted version 17 on offer and it plays back flawless BDMV folders. Remind you my server version is 4.0.1.0 since it still has the legacy folder view and I use the beta version of EMC.