Changing User Issue

adavis219
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

adavis219

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is a specific app issue or I’ve set something wrong up on my end.

I have different people outside of my home who use my server and one of those people signed in using my information today but they don’t see the option to switch users. They have their own profile made by me but they can’t even get to the change user screen. 

Thanks for any help!

adavis219

They are able to sign in using *my* Emby Connect log in information. It took them directly into the home screen and does not give her an option to change user. So far every app I’ve used in home goes automatically to the user screen without the need for signing in. (I assume because its the same network the server runs off) She is outside of my network in her home and so far no issues with anything but changing users.

adavis219

They do not have an emby connect account and I didn’t want anyone to have to make one so I’m hoping that’s not the issue. 

I’ve edited this to include the screenshot she sent me, and also a picture of how my screen looks when choosing a user on the web interface for Edge.

58963FC7-4F5D-4683-A860-8550BD5816FE.jpeg

58ED3570-42D6-46B5-A86C-7E215A9122EE.jpeg

Edited by adavis219

• Solution

They are able to sign in using *my* Emby Connect log in information. 

That you can't do. You have to choose between either having them use Emby Connect, or by doing a direct connection to your server by manually entering the connection information.

adavis219

Ahhh, so the using of my personal Emby Connect doesn’t allow them to see the other users? They’ll need to use the IP information, correct?

adavis219

Sorry, should’ve asked this in the previous question, but do I give her the Remote (WAN) info, or In-Home (LAN)?

Thanks, again.