Playback In Chrome

CHA0SENG7NE

CHA0SENG7NE

I'm suffering from issues if I use chrome to playback a movie.

It worked fine before the last update. Now when the movie starts the time bar rapidly move across to the end and the film jumps to a point further into the film.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

• 4 weeks later...
CHA0SENG7NE
visproduction

embyserver.txt

Are the filenames coded with a date variable 4B4F6A_%d.ts?  Is that from nvidia?  What does %d sequence?  It probably doesn't matter.  I was just thinking that different workstations can have different date formats.  I don't know why that could possibly cause a problem, unless a .ts sequence created by one workstation date format is attempted to be sequenced by a different workstation that reads a different date format.  mm/dd/yy vs. dd/mm/yy.  It's a wild... guess.

Also, there is a new update6.0.6  to .NET.  I have no idea if that has anything to do with this.

https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/6.0

2022-06-30 11:36:32.088 Info App: ProcessRun 'StreamTranscode 2f9651' Execute: C:\Users\andyr\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\ffmpeg.exe -loglevel +timing -y -print_graphs_file "C:\Users\andyr\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\logs\ffmpeg-directstream-2f965133-3489-49ea-917b-be59d8fd4d36_1graph.txt" -copyts -start_at_zero -f mp4 -ss 00:32:18.000 -noaccurate_seek -c:v:0 hevc -i "\\192.168.0.160\Multimedia\TV Shows\Deadwood\Season 01\Deadwood - 1x04 - Here Was a Man - [1080p x265 AAC 5.1] [BluRay].mp4" -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -sn -c:v:0 copy -bsf:v:0 hevc_mp4toannexb -c:a:0 copy -metadata:s:a:0 language=eng -disposition:a:0 default -copypriorss:a:0 0 -max_delay 5000000 -avoid_negative_ts disabled -f segment -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -segment_format mpegts -segment_list "C:\Users\andyr\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\transcoding-temp\4B4F6A\4B4F6A.m3u8" -segment_list_type m3u8 -segment_time 00:00:06.000 -segment_time_delta -00:32:18.000 -segment_start_number 323 -break_non_keyframes 1 -individual_header_trailer 0 -write_header_trailer 0 -segment_write_temp 1 "C:\Users\andyr\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\transcoding-temp\4B4F6A\4B4F6A_%d.ts"
2022-06-30 11:36:32.938 Info App: AppendExtraLogData - Read graph file: C:\Users\andyr\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\logs\ffmpeg-directstream-2f965133-3489-49ea-917b-be59d8fd4d36_1graph.txt
2022-06-30 11:36:32.943 Info App: AppendExtraLogData - Deserialized GraphData fileStream: 27.00 bytes Graph Count: 0
2022-06-30 11:36:32.944 Info App: AppendExtraLogData - File Deleted
2022-06-30 11:36:32.989 Info App: ProcessRun 'StreamTranscode 2f9651' Process exited with code 1 - Failed
2022-06-30 11:36:32.991 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.5.0
	Command line: C:\Users\andyr\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19044
	Framework: .NET 6.0.5
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/andyr/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: C:\Users\andyr\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\andyr\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.Exception: System.Exception: Error starting ffmpeg
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.BaseStreamingService.StartFfMpeg(StreamState state, String outputPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean acquireResources)
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Hls.DynamicHlsService.GetDynamicSegment(StreamRequest request, String manifestAbsoluteUri, String playlistId, String segmentId, Int32 subtitleStreamIndex, AuthorizationInfo authorizationInfo)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.MediaEncoding
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Other Nvidia failure

2022-06-30 10:40:41.002 Info NvidiaCodecProvider: ProcessRun 'ffdetect_nvencdec' Execute: C:\Users\andyr\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\ffdetect.exe -hide_banner -show_program_version -loglevel 48 -show_error -show_log 40 nvencdec -print_format json -disable_dx11
2022-06-30 10:40:41.055 Info NvidiaCodecProvider: ProcessRun 'ffdetect_nvencdec' Process exited with code 1 - Failed

Edited by visproduction

CHA0SENG7NE

Hi Luke still suffering.

I'm watching and trying different video but issue still there. Annoyingly the same video can work fine one day and then whiz through the slider the next. It happens in edge too. 

If no one else is suffering could it be my laptop software?

Balogyrops

Hey there,

I am currently having similar issues to the OP. Only difference is that I am using Brave browser, which I understand is very very similar to Chrome.

For example the logs I have attached are immediately after I started playing an episode of a TV show and tried to use the seek bar to go back to the start. Once I did that the progress bar begins moving rapidly and is unusable.  Once it got to the end of the progress bar it skipped to the end of the video and ended playback. Also videos will often start the video with progress bar already broken. It does this with any file I attempt to play. This has been going on for the past week or two maybe. I have been able to reproduce this on 2 different computers running Emby. The logs are from the latest fresh install (this PC has never had Emby installed on it).

I have tested it using Edge, and it seems like that is more reliable as I can get it to work sometimes, but I still am experiencing the same issues. I also updated .Net on both computers as the above poster suggested without any difference.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide or explain better.

ffmpeg-transcode-1de76e47-e9e6-4be8-91fa-a51ab7eed324_1.txt embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-a1424778-a3a3-4655-98ff-bbe6d99e0a34_1.txt

Edited by Balogyrops

Balogyrops

Just wanted to update this as I think I was just able to fix this issue by enabling 'Hardware Acceleration' in my browser settings. Since doing so I have been able to play videos without any issues. I will again update if anything changes.

On 7/23/2022 at 7:52 PM, CHA0SENG7NE said:

I have hardware enabled with the same issue.

Are you still running into this?

• 2 weeks later...
CHA0SENG7NE

Yes all up to date.

Still not fixed. It will play ok until i try and move the slider forward then it happens. takes about 5 secs to zoom across the screen and finish what im watching