Custom seeking interface (?) problems

r_j_b_j

r_j_b_j

I have a Roku Streaming Stick+ with system software version 11.0.0 4193-50 and version 4.0.55 of the Emby app. The seek behavior has changed significantly and seems to be a step back for UX:

• Instead of 3 advance/reverse speeds there are now 9, which means that the user has to press the FF or RW button 9 times to seek at the highest speed.
    • 9 speeds doesn't really add much value - e.g. does anyone really need to seek at 8x instead of 9x?
  • When the app reaches the highest seek speed (after 9 button presses) an additional RW or FF button press reverts to the slowest seek speed.
    • When pressing repeatedly to get to the top seek speed you need to count presses and/or slow down as you approach 9x or you start over at 1x.
    • Repeatedly pressing FF or RW should not wrap the seek speed - it's definitely counter-intuitive
  • Top seek speed is significantly slower than it was previously.
    • High speed seek is very useful - current seek speed seems ~50% slower.

I believe this change is referred to as the "custom seeking interface" - does "custom" mean it's customizable? If so, I could not find any seek customization settings in the app - am I missing them?

Thanks!

RJ

• Like 1

Hi.  We can try and refine this in future versions.  Thanks for the feedback.

• 1 month later...