media browser 2 key merge with media browser 3 key

mrkrabs007

hell and thank you in advance for any help or advice you can offer. i have a supporter key from media browser 2 that has several themes and plugins i have purchased associated with it. i have a different media browser 3 supporter key. i was wondering if it was possible to merge the 2 keys so all the stuff is on one supporter key. there used to be a spot on the server for both keys now there is only one spot for the newer key. i have also already tried the built in key merge feature and it says the old key is not found. any help would be appreciated. thank you very much

MB 3 is an entirely new system.  The two keys are not compatible.

There is very little from MB 2 that carries over anyway. 

i only ask because i have already purchased these themes and plugins and i dont think i should have to pay for them again. when i try to register them now it trys to make me pay again. is there anyway to correct this error?

The old MB2 themes and plugins are different except for throgs themes, but he hasn't been around in awhile to update them to work with MB3. All the themes and plugins available for MB3 were rewritten from the ground up and even tho they do what they did before they also do much more now and are mostly only similar in name. Hence why they do not carry over with the MB2 supporter key and require a new purchase.

I also had a few plugins and themes purchased for MB2 but at only a few dollars each its well worth it for all the added features available with MB3

Whatever hasn't been rewritten isn't 100% compatible with MB3 and at this point those themes are so far behind that they were causing problems and crashes for users still using themes from MB2, that's why they were removed from the plugins section as far as last time I checked.

Ur absolutely correct tho, nobody is forcing u to buy any themes. All the core features are free and included with the server and client of ur choosing. If u decide to change ur mind down the road or if not, is completely ur choice

Edited by BATTLE DONKEY

those themes havent been removed. thats my point they are still there and purchasable.

They probably will be soon as they simply don't give you the MB 3 experience.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I am going to have to agree with the original post, I too purchased a supporters key for MB 2, have also purchased a supporters key for MB 3. I did this because I did belive in what you were trying to do with regard to home cinema and entertainment, which has now come on leaps and bounds since you started this project. I was supporting you, not MB 2, I have supported you again, but after having supported you twice I now do not have the same experience as you had provided previously.

Please do not forget your original supporters, nor forget that sometime your innovation may miss the fact you got it right before, not all change is an improvement.

I am only supporting you To develop and improve and proved more capability, not to re-writing themes to work with a new version, sorry but this is not the agreement I entered into when you accepted my initial support.