FR: Kids mode!

trusselo

trusselo

Im surprised i could not find this Feature Request already.. and i searched assuming it would have.

It would be awesome if there were a kids mode toggle button to quickly hide grownup content, so you can give a kid a remote without worry.

Of course there would need to be a config menu for the kids mode, set the ratings / folder / libraries  to be included/excluded from kids mode.

Ability to set a pin code to exit kids mode.

some people dont have kids, only have other people's kids visit, family ect.  there is no reason to create an account/user for these situations, but it would be nice to just hit a kids mode button, and not have to babysit the remote.

local accounts are only local so kids mode toggle would also reduce the need for creating dummy forum accounts for another emby connect user. 

Edited by trusselo
  • Agree 1

GrimReaper

Why don't you just make a separate Kids account, as I assume most of us do? Switching user profile is about as fast - if not faster, in some client apps, like Android TV - than any PIN or other means of toggling Kids mode would be? 

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Agree 1

trusselo
1 minute ago, GrimReaper said:

Why don't you just make a separate Kids account, as I assume most of us do? Switching user profile is about as fast - if not faster, in some ckient apps, like Android TV - than any PIN or other means of toggling Kids mode would be? 

only works local, no?

My buddy watches on my server.  he has a kid. 3 years old.  i would have to create a dummy forum account for him to have a 2nd emby connect account

is this what you want?

Edited by trusselo

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, trusselo said:

only works local, no?

My buddy watches on my server.  he has kids.  i would have to create a dummy forum account for him to have a 2nd emby connect account

Of course it doesn't. And why would you need dummy Connect account - that is completely optional?

trusselo

because not using emby connect, its more complicated and i would have to explain more crap to my users.

emby connect JUST WORKS.

but nevermind. 

we are already on the NO train.

Edited by trusselo