Multiple Servers = 1 Library

Guest ApexPredator

Guest ApexPredator

One of my favorite features from another home theater software I use is shared libraries. My friends and I like the ability to share and stream content from each other. Are there any plans at Media Browser to add the ability to load multiple servers to your library? Here are a few suggestions:

1. The ability to add multiple servers to Media Browser Theater
  2. The ability to add multiple servers to apps...like iPad ;)
  3. Integrate all libraries, so they are mixed into one giant collection
  4. An indicator on the movies that would be streamed vs local
  5. An indicator on the movie from what server it came from. So you can call your friend and discuss the movie you watched from their collection
  6. Adding non-editable metadata to your local server, so you can still apply maximum allowed parental rating to users

Instead of loaning my movies out to friends and trying to remember who has what, this is a much safer and easier method. I really enjoy using Media Browser and feel these features would be extremely valuable to other users. Thank you for your consideration.

Edited by ApexPredator
  • Like 1

Well, in stages.  Our initial implementation will make it easier to share but won't include the conglomeration of multiple server libraries in the clients.  That will take a while to take shape.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Apex Predator

It would be great if one day if Media Browser could share multiple servers in one library. I think it would open up the door to more users joining MB. Having the social ability to share with family and friends is the next evolution in media servers.