Server 4.7.1.0 bug on filter comboboxes like genre

Painkiller8818

Painkiller8818

Server: Win 10 ver. 4.7.1.0

can be reproduced with web browser

When selecting filtering genres or studios etc, the combolist appears twice overlapping. When i now select a few studios or genres, and click beside the list, the second one closes but the first list is still open but all unchecked, if i check the elements now, they are chosen.

This means there is a second list overlapping the "real" one, you can also see this the way it opens the list with a little laggy effect.

Info:
It is not happening all the time and i already did a hard refresh of the browser clearing all cached files. (tested with chrome)
When it is happening i can see the URL in the browser is changing (the DLG ID is changing) so each combobox seems to have its own dlg id
image.png.5c2fc93ade2d872536b40e53efd5534e.png

I made a video to show the problem.

Edited by Painkiller8818

Painkiller8818
11 minutes ago, Luke said:

Strange, I haven't seen that. Maybe caused by a browser extension?

I'm not sure, i haven't added anything new for a long time, but maybe someone else have the same.
I can test with a new profile without any extensions and see if it is still happening

• Thanks 1

Painkiller8818

same behaviour with an empty profile and an icognito tab, this time i also had the default theme (dark) but still the same 

jbirmingham40

I am seeing the same thing when I try and filter programs by genre.  After selecting all the genres I want, I click out of the long scrolling dropdown, a second long scrolling dropdown appears but does not include any of my selections, if I click out of the long scrolling dropdown again, I briefly see the text box update with what I selected and then it is immediately replaced with what was in the second scrolling dropdown.  

Happens even if I disabled all my extensions.  

The workaround is to ignore the first drop down by immediately clicking outside the drop down as if you were done and then make all your edits on the second drop down.

Happens on Chrome, Brave, and Safari.  

Below is a video showing this.

Meeting Recording:
https://knockcrm.zoom.us/rec/share/02uwyCedFgC97KaRC9EDChdKIq9p4wI8baaUL4i82MYXelnjYddlJ9mEIm7xfyL3.bsqKUlkCdbGv8k7e

Access Passcode: VS.1$A1i

Edited by jbirmingham40

jbirmingham40

I can reproduce on

MacOS 12.3.1 using

* Safari 15.4

* Brave Version 1.39.111 Chromium: 102.0.5005.61 (Official Build) (x86_64)

* Chrome Version 102.0.5005.61 (Official Build) (x86_64)

* Emby native MacOS app

Centos 8 using

* Release Notes V1.39.111 Chromium: 101 (x86_64)

* Firefox 91.9.0esr (64-bit)

It works fine however on my iPad using Brave and the native Emby app.  This is the only place I have been unable to reproduce the issue.

Strange. I can't reproduce on Chrome or Firefox on mulitple platforms. I guess Brave doesn't surprise me because that browser always seems to have it's own unique issues.

I'll do some Safari testing.

• Agree 1

Junglejim

Yea I also can't reproduce this, I'm running a "MX Linux" OS. My server is OMV running 4.7.1.0.

Tested:

Firefox: 100.0.2 (64-bit)

Chrome: Version 102.0.5005.61 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I hope you get it sorted out, sorry I can't help any further. :)

Edited by Junglejim
  • Thanks 1