MediaInfo For Emby Plugin(HDR, Vision, Atmos, DTS:X)

Cheesegeezer

Ferwin29

Apparently, some movies in 1080p have :

Width                                    : 1 918 pixels

Height                                   : 820 pixels (or 800px)

The title leaved blank after the scan.

The witdth isn't 1920 px, it seems that's the problem is here. 

Edited by Ferwin29
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
11 hours ago, MagicDoubleM said:

So far, things look great. A few Dolby Vision files, those without fallback, don't get recognized as such, but that's not on you, I guess.

Besides, I'm totally a bit nitpicking here:
- I'd prefer to have codec information for those files with HDR-tags, when codec info is enabled.
- And why not write SDR in where it belongs?
That way it would look more consistent to my eyes, and it would leave no questions open.

I can look at this for sure

About the Audio section, getting the bitrate in there too would be great. Shortening the language to 2 or 3 letters could give also some room.

Bitrate is doable too, the lang is actually forced by emby not the plugin

One more thought. I think it would be great if you change the file-date back to where it was before the plugin made it's modifications (or use the one that is stored in emby's database - which might be good for those who now have a full library of files from today 😅)

I didn’t even think of that. But is that not date modified that changes and not date created, because all my recently added file in the client havent changed.

Last one, the option to put "REMUX" in, could it be enhanced to also look for WEB-DL and such commonly used strings? Maybe also look for abbreviations of streaming-providers to put their full name back in?

this would only be available if the information has been stored in the file container, unfortunately it isn't.

Seriously the last one, it should be mentioned somewhere, that this plugin actually touches/changes the media-files, rewrites tags (which btw could be enhanced further to rewrite proper titles and such...)

it does on both the plugin settings and the wiki in big bold letters. Ill change the color to RED.

Okay, I'm out.

Great work, it's one of those functionalities I've been missing a lot, without really realizing it. 😅 Thank you very much.

Thanks for all the feedback, really appreciated

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
6 hours ago, Ferwin29 said:

Apparently, some movies in 1080p have :

Width                                    : 1 918 pixels

Height                                   : 820 pixels (or 800px)

The title leaved blank after the scan.

The witdth isn't 1920 px, it seems that's the problem is here. 

Nice catch. I can sort this no problems

FrostByte

Trying to set this up on Synology NAS and task runs real quick and looks like it errors "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

022-05-29 08:41:13.581 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://host1:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks/Running/3dbe52b9c75f0629c3d9b9865b2a1cf8?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=7190464b-fdbe-4983-9803-b67bcfefd6e5&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.8.0.0. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/101.0.4951.64 Safari/537.36 Edg/101.0.1210.53
2022-05-29 08:41:13.582 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 204 to host2. Time: 1ms. http://host1:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks/Running/3dbe52b9c75f0629c3d9b9865b2a1cf8?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=7190464b-fdbe-4983-9803-b67bcfefd6e5&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.8.0.0
2022-05-29 08:41:13.582 Info Media Info: Resetting Lists
2022-05-29 08:41:13.582 Error Media Info: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.0.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-synology7_{version}_x86_64.spk -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build17) (gcc version 8.5.0 (GCC) ) #42661 SMP Fri Apr 1 15:31:10 CST 2022
	Framework: .NET 6.0.2
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	   at Emby.MediaInfo.ScheduledTasks.MediaInfoScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
	Source: Emby.MediaInfo
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

2022-05-29 08:41:13.619 Info LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path /volume1/surveillance

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, FrostByte said:

Trying to set this up on Synology NAS and task runs real quick and looks like it errors "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

022-05-29 08:41:13.581 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://host1:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks/Running/3dbe52b9c75f0629c3d9b9865b2a1cf8?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=7190464b-fdbe-4983-9803-b67bcfefd6e5&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.8.0.0. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/101.0.4951.64 Safari/537.36 Edg/101.0.1210.53
2022-05-29 08:41:13.582 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 204 to host2. Time: 1ms. http://host1:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks/Running/3dbe52b9c75f0629c3d9b9865b2a1cf8?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=7190464b-fdbe-4983-9803-b67bcfefd6e5&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.8.0.0
2022-05-29 08:41:13.582 Info Media Info: Resetting Lists
2022-05-29 08:41:13.582 Error Media Info: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.0.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-synology7_{version}_x86_64.spk -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build17) (gcc version 8.5.0 (GCC) ) #42661 SMP Fri Apr 1 15:31:10 CST 2022
	Framework: .NET 6.0.2
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	   at Emby.MediaInfo.ScheduledTasks.MediaInfoScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
	Source: Emby.MediaInfo
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

2022-05-29 08:41:13.619 Info LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path /volume1/surveillance

If you don't mind sharing your full settings that would be great.

Which files have you pointed it to?  looking at that it's trying to use FFdetect.... which isn't even part of the plugin.

image.png.d765593ba140aedc47b7b25fcaf67aef.png

yeah... is this the first time running.  it's probably because i didn't catch the error if there is nothing in the list.

is this set to on?  

image.png.53a7fce2dd0ac039e2acc9d11033d44c.png

FrostByte

I've tried with and without the refresh on and it runs real quick either way

FrostByte

image.thumb.png.64bf0ba8ac17a8930f564307ebba1339.png

seconds half of setting.  Ran first time without refresh, second time with and both times the task just starts and finishes

Cheesegeezer
2 hours ago, FrostByte said:

image.thumb.png.64bf0ba8ac17a8930f564307ebba1339.png

seconds half of setting.  Ran first time without refresh, second time with and both times the task just starts and finishes

Yeah i noticed the Title being "sticky" and covering text.  happens with all plugins now.  Not my doing by i'll see about removing it somehow.

can you check in programdata/config/mediaInfo.xml and see if there is anything in the processedlist.

Can you also double check that you are using MediaInfoCLI and not GUI, as this will not work.

If you can enable debug logging.  

Load this badboy up.  Restart server and then send me the log on PM if you wish to keep it private.  I'll see whats going on.

Cheers Fella

@Ferwin29 try this dll, this should address any resolution issues. Let me know how you get on pleae

Emby.MediaInfo.dll

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Thanks 1

FrostByte

mediainfo.xml

<PluginConfiguration xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <EnableMediaInfo>true</EnableMediaInfo>
  <MediaInfoCLIPath>/volume1/@appstore/mediainfo/bin/mediainfo</MediaInfoCLIPath>
  <MKVPropEditPath>/volume1/@appstore/mkvtoolnix/bin/mkvpropedit</MKVPropEditPath>
  <AutoRunLibraryScan>true</AutoRunLibraryScan>
  <EnableMovies>true</EnableMovies>
  <EnableTVEpisodes>false</EnableTVEpisodes>
  <ShowHD>false</ShowHD>
  <ShowBitrate>false</ShowBitrate>
  <ShowCodecFormat>true</ShowCodecFormat>
  <ShowAsUHD>false</ShowAsUHD>
  <ShowHDRFormat>true</ShowHDRFormat>
  <ShowRemux>false</ShowRemux>
  <AbbrAudioOutput>false</AbbrAudioOutput>
  <ResetEmbeddedTitles>false</ResetEmbeddedTitles>
  <ResetProcessedList>true</ResetProcessedList>
</PluginConfiguration>

There is no GUI with the Synology packages, just the CLI apps for both packages

I'll load the new one now and turn on debugging 

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
2 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

mediainfo.xml

<PluginConfiguration xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <MKVPropEditPath>/volume1/@appstore/mkvtoolnix/bin/mkvpropedit</MKVPropEditPath>
  <ShowHD>false</ShowHD>
</PluginConfiguration>

should have these guys in there

<ProcessedList>
    <long>119223</long>
    <long>196315</long>
    <long>196316</long>
    <long>6</long>
    <long>158982</long>
    <long>196314</long>
    <long>106309</long>
    <long>63</long>
    <long>64</long>
    <long>65</long>
    <long>62</long>
    <long>66</long>
    <long>67</long>
    <long>68</long>
    <long>69</long>
    <long>431</long>
    <long>433</long>
    <long>434</long>
    <long>530</long>
    <long>531</long>
  </ProcessedList>

Cheesegeezer
9 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

mediainfo.xml

<ShowHD>false</ShowHD>
</PluginConfiguration>

found this old post.  regarding Mediainfo.  it may help it may not.  

Synology Mediainfo - FileBot

FrostByte

It's rerunning now using the new dll and debugging on.  Seems to be running a lot longer.  Nothing in the xml yet.

Cheesegeezer
5 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

It's rerunning now using the new dll and debugging on.  Seems to be running a lot longer.  Nothing in the xml yet.

fingers crossed buddy

FrostByte

Just refreshing the log file while it's running, and it appears like it's processing movies now. 

I turned refresh back off and so I assume what I'm seeing in the logs is if something is in the Name field already it ignores it and keep going.

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, FrostByte said:

Just refreshing the log file while it's running, and it appears like it's processing movies now. 

I turned refresh back off and so I assume what I'm seeing in the logs is if something is in the Name field already it ignores it and keep going.

exactly i have also put in some code for refresh and reset options, that if the processList.Count > 0 then we will reset the list, if it's empty, we can just process.

It uses the ItemId as this is a unique number, so much safer for processing.

Cheesegeezer

Love testing.  When you think you've thought of everything...... and you havent hahahahah

Cheesegeezer
5 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

This was with the refresh off.

media.txt 3.76 MB · 0 downloads

Looks like its worked well. 1276 movies processed but probably a lie, as I haven’t filtered .mkv extensions. In my plans so that progress bar is accurate. 

i have had to refresh browser cache also to get them to display. 

glad the new file picker is working well on multiple OS now. 

thanks for your feedback 

FrostByte

Question: how can you tell in the log say if it updated a file?  Most of my stuff already has name tags, but I'm sure I probably had a movie or two with nothing in it.  

Cheesegeezer
16 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Question: how can you tell in the log say if it updated a file?  Most of my stuff already has name tags, but I'm sure I probably had a movie or two with nothing in it.  

i used to log what was already found so you can see a comparison but felt it unnecessary after i had it working well. Its something i could add if you feel it necessary 
It will write new ones, and it will be found in log under sringbuilder output.

BB109E89-FAA2-43F5-8898-1FA38B583A82.jpeg

Edited by Cheesegeezer

FrostByte

Okay, ya everything has a stringbuilder comment though it appears it's all my tags and I'm not seeing anything new from a quick scan through the logs. 

I was thinking something like "Items updated for movie = 2" and maybe a total number of items updated at the very end.  I guess after the initial it won't really matter.  I won't be adding 1200 movies every time. I'll probably just add another movie I know has no tags and check that one.  

Thanks

Edited by FrostByte

Cheesegeezer
39 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Okay, ya everything has a stringbuilder comment though it appears it's all my tags and I'm not seeing anything new from a quick scan through the logs. 

I was thinking something like "Items updated for movie = 2" and maybe a total number of items updated at the very end.  I guess after the initial it won't really matter.  I won't be adding 1200 movies every time. I'll probably just add another movie I know has no tags and check that one.  

Thanks

Is it because you can’t see it in emby? Have you selected to prefer embeeded titles in the library advanced settings.

you can check embedded titles in the media section at the bottom of the details page.

2A34AB3B-FAE0-48E4-B9A9-0BA3CDDE3E42.jpeg

Edited by Cheesegeezer

FrostByte

I do have that setting.  I've actually been using internal tags for a while now and manually adding my own DTS:X, DV, Atmos, etc tags.  

I'm just not sure if the app actually wrote anything in any of my movies because so many of my files had internal named tags already.  So was hoping to find a movie I added long ago without tags and see if the plugin worked.  However, all my movies may already have tags too.  I'm just not sure :)

Ferwin29
3 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Yeah i noticed the Title being "sticky" and covering text.  happens with all plugins now.  Not my doing by i'll see about removing it somehow.

can you check in programdata/config/mediaInfo.xml and see if there is anything in the processedlist.

Can you also double check that you are using MediaInfoCLI and not GUI, as this will not work.

If you can enable debug logging.  

Load this badboy up.  Restart server and then send me the log on PM if you wish to keep it private.  I'll see whats going on.

Cheers Fella

@Ferwin29 try this dll, this should address any resolution issues. Let me know how you get on pleae

Emby.MediaInfo.dll 693 kB · 2 downloads

Great, the resolution of movie is correctly displays with this version.

Thanks a lot @Cheesegeezer :)

• Like 1