MediaInfo For Emby Plugin(HDR, Vision, Atmos, DTS:X)

Cheesegeezer

FrostByte
1 minute ago, Cheesegeezer said:

No it doesn’t on windows

Bah. Ok.  

Ok.  

Download cli and the path is wherever Desafino places it :)

• Haha 1

Cheesegeezer
3 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Bah. Ok.  

Ok.  

Download cli and the path is wherever Desafino places it :)

Love you Gumbo!! 😜

• Haha 1

Cheesegeezer

@Desafino

i guess stuff is working now for you now. Silence is golden lol 😂 

Frosty can help with questions if you have any, I’m in UK so its my bedtime. But can help tomorrow morning if you are still stuck and Anyone else is tied up.

cheers

• Like 1

neik
On 7/6/2022 at 10:23 PM, neik said:

cheese, is the issue described by frosty regarding the Atmos tracks an actual issue?
If so, is it being looked at?

Thank you!

cheese, has this been fixed meanwhile or still ongoing?
Thank you!

Cheesegeezer
On 29/07/2022 at 21:18, neik said:

cheese, has this been fixed meanwhile or still ongoing?
Thank you!

Hi Neik, sorry fella been out for a while, yes it’s fixed but I’ve added subtitle extraction since and remux removing unwanted pictoral subtitle languages. Its just about complete now. I should have a release by the weekend.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
Dickydodah!
On 02/08/2022 at 19:48, Cheesegeezer said:

Hi Neik, sorry fella been out for a while, yes it’s fixed but I’ve added subtitle extraction since and remux removing unwanted pictoral subtitle languages. Its just about complete now. I should have a release by the weekend.

Is there any ETA for the release of this new version as I am wanting to try the new subtitle extraction feature as I have a Samsung TV that struggles with multiple Subs?

Cheesegeezer
38 minutes ago, Dickydodah! said:

Is there any ETA for the release of this new version as I am wanting to try the new subtitle extraction feature as I have a Samsung TV that struggles with multiple Subs?

Ello Dicky!

im between a rock and a hard place at the moment. Are you running beta server or release.

i am running Beta 4.8.0.7 and had to refactor the code to accommodate some core implementations which are not compatible with the release version.

would you like to join our testing group? Its 95% there and could do with another tester if you are up for it?

• Like 1

Dickydodah!
8 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Ello Dicky!

im between a rock and a hard place at the moment. Are you running beta server or release.

i am running Beta 4.8.0.7 and had to refactor the code to accommodate some core implementations which are not compatible with the release version.

would you like to join our testing group? Its 95% there and could do with another tester if you are up for it?

I am running the release version 4.7.6.0. I'm happy to join the testing group as I do like to try to contribute 🙂 I might be a bit limited as I wasn't totally sure what the plugin is doing and currently don't have it enabled. I was mostly after the subs removal bit. I have got to keep Mrs. Dickydodah! happy and not screw up her TV shows 😁

Edited by Dickydodah!

Cheesegeezer
5 minutes ago, Dickydodah! said:

I am running the release version 4.7.6.0. I'm happy to join the testing group as I do like to try to contribute 🙂 I might be a bit limited as I wasn't totally sure what the plugin is doing and currently don't have it enabled. I was mostly after the subs removal bit. I have got to keep Mrs. Dickydodah! happy and not screw up her TV shows 😁

So the cool thing is you can set up-a test library and copy over some tv shows & movies to test with. You don’t have to enable the other tabs such as MediaInfo or BifGenerator.

because the tool is what we call destructive… test libraries are the way forward for testing and this was actually created to help out the samsung users.

On 8/2/2022 at 8:48 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

Cheese, how is it going?

• Like 1

Baenwort

Any chance in the future that unique meta info that may already be there, such as commentary, cast, director, or writer could be preserved when rewriting? Perhaps by reading the old first and if certain keywords are already in the metatag for that track they are stored and placed at the start of the new track name?

I don't think there are to many special keywords that people might already be using but by adding this functionality this plugin becomes something that I could use (right now only certain special movies have I included the special tracks on but since I also don't see a way to lock or exempt certain titles I can't use the plug in). 

Not sure how many other people this would help.

• Like 1

rbjtech
14 hours ago, Baenwort said:

Any chance in the future that unique meta info that may already be there, such as commentary, cast, director, or writer could be preserved when rewriting? Perhaps by reading the old first and if certain keywords are already in the metatag for that track they are stored and placed at the start of the new track name?

I don't think there are to many special keywords that people might already be using but by adding this functionality this plugin becomes something that I could use (right now only certain special movies have I included the special tracks on but since I also don't see a way to lock or exempt certain titles I can't use the plug in). 

Not sure how many other people this would help.

It's a valid request and something which I had to compromise on myself when using the plugin - as it overwrote 'commentary' tracks as you say.

During the development with @Cheesegeezer, we did briefly touch on this - but there is no 'easy' way to do this because a) commentary tracks are not easily identifiable in MediaInfo - the tool we use to get the info from the MKV.   It 'should be the 'ServiceKind' - but regardless of if the commentary flag is set in the MKV, it always reads 'CM' (Complete Main) in MediaInfo - so maybe this functionality is broken in MediaInfo.  b) reading the title for 'key words' on the face of it seems simple enough - until of course you then need to factor in languages - THEN it starts to get complicated.

wrt other metadata, then technically, if it's in the emby db, then it could be written to the Title - but you need to remember characters are very limited - so you are going to have to compromise somewhere.

I know that cheese is away for a bit - so I don't think anything will happen in the next couple of weeks, but let me give this some thought myself as I would like to see this enhancement as well.  I'll report back if we make any progress.

@FrostByte

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1

FrostByte

There is a commentary flag for audio and subs, but I don't think it's normally set.  Even so, I don't believe mediainfo's json identifies that flag yet.  Mkvmerge's json properties will have it, but still.

rbjtech
1 minute ago, FrostByte said:

There is a commentary flag for audio and subs, but I don't think it's normally set.  Even so, I don't believe mediainfo's json identifies that flag yet.  Mkvmerge's json properties will have it, but still.

Yep - thanks Frostbyte - and that's what I'm referring to.  the MKV tools can set/show it - but Mediainfo does not appear to correctly show it.

I'm just looking in the 100's of Audio flags now to see if it's something that is just not listed on the standard MediaInfo JSON output  ...

Mkvmerge might be an alternative .. good call.

FrostByte

Other than searching the title for "Commentary" I'm not seeing anything.  Could do the same with "SDH" and subs too I guess when extracting.  Another flag which isn't in mediainfo yet.

rbjtech
32 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Other than searching the title for "Commentary" I'm not seeing anything.  Could do the same with "SDH" and subs too I guess when extracting.  Another flag which isn't in mediainfo yet.

It supposed to be in 'ServiceKind' - but it's always the same as normal tracks.

after a bit of frustration with ffmpeg (lol) - it looks like ffmpeg can do it ..

ffprobe -v error -hide_banner -of default=noprint_wrappers=0 -print_format flat -select_streams a -show_entries disposition=comment "M:\Films 4K\Back to the Future (1985) [tmdbid=105]\Back to the Future (1985) - 2160p Remux DV THD Atmos.mkv"
streams.stream.0.disposition.comment=0
streams.stream.1.disposition.comment=0
streams.stream.2.disposition.comment=1
streams.stream.3.disposition.comment=0

Where 1 = a commentary flag in the MKV

These are all available - so we could potentially add them if they are in the MKV

DISPOSITION:default=0
DISPOSITION:dub=0
DISPOSITION:original=0
DISPOSITION:comment=0
DISPOSITION:lyrics=0
DISPOSITION:karaoke=0
DISPOSITION:forced=0
DISPOSITION:hearing_impaired=0
DISPOSITION:visual_impaired=0
DISPOSITION:clean_effects=0
DISPOSITION:attached_pic=0
DISPOSITION:timed_thumbnails=0

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 2

Baenwort

I know I would certainly be willing to fix flags that I may have missed when creating the track names the first time around with mkvtoolnix. As some of those at least are settable via the GUI.

image.thumb.png.572975ca978fd1305642e44d44c567c1.png

• Like 1

FrostByte
34 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

It supposed to be in 'ServiceKind' - but it's always the same as normal tracks.

after a bit of frustration with ffmpeg (lol) - it looks like ffmpeg can do it ..

ffprobe -v error -hide_banner -of default=noprint_wrappers=0 -print_format flat -select_streams a -show_entries disposition=comment "M:\Films 4K\Back to the Future (1985) [tmdbid=105]\Back to the Future (1985) - 2160p Remux DV THD Atmos.mkv"
streams.stream.0.disposition.comment=0
streams.stream.1.disposition.comment=0
streams.stream.2.disposition.comment=1
streams.stream.3.disposition.comment=0

Where 1 = a commentary flag in the MKV

These are all available - so we could potentially add them if they are in the MKV

DISPOSITION:default=0
DISPOSITION:dub=0
DISPOSITION:original=0
DISPOSITION:comment=0
DISPOSITION:lyrics=0
DISPOSITION:karaoke=0
DISPOSITION:forced=0
DISPOSITION:hearing_impaired=0
DISPOSITION:visual_impaired=0
DISPOSITION:clean_effects=0
DISPOSITION:attached_pic=0
DISPOSITION:timed_thumbnails=0

Interesting.  I'm going to play with that for subtitles in my script.  If nothing else it will help for that 1% of the time the flag is actually set

• Like 1

rbjtech

I think this would be the only feasible way - searching for 'commentary' etc in the title just opens up a can of worms.. ;)

FrostByte
Just now, rbjtech said:

I think this would be the only feasible way - searching for 'commentary' etc in the title just opens up a can of worms.. ;)

Ya, I guess for the 1% of the time it's actually set then it will work.  I curate that heck out of my files so for me it's good.  Would be nice for Subkiller also to look for commentary and hearing flags.

Baenwort

FreeBSD install instructions:

1) add the following packages and their dependences:

https://www.freshports.org/multimedia/mediainfo/

https://www.freshports.org/multimedia/mkvtoolnix/

This can be accomplished with the below command that should be entered into the shell of your Emby Jail.

pkg install mediainfo mkvtoolnix

2) Place locations into plug-in settings:

For MediaInfoCLI File Path:
/usr/local/bin/mediainfo

And MKVPropEdit File Path:
/usr/local/bin/mkvtoolnix-gui

image.thumb.png.9017c6facd9b6bd391292370f9f667ed.png

3) Someday we too will have a biftool but for now there is no BSD edition so this feature won't work. 

4) configure the settings per the rest of the wiki and enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a FYI, although the plug-in is working. Something about how it calls mkvtoolnix will result in a lot of log messages on the host machine:

kernel: pid 56740 (mkvtoolnix-gui), jid 3, uid 989: exited on signal 6

However, it reports in the embyserver log that it is working and succeeding. I suspect it is because the plug in is using the entire path to the program instead of just calling it via the OS PATH by just using the command? I'm not entirely sure as I wasn't able to find the plug-in's or mkvtoolnix's log in the jail.

2022-08-21 23:20:23.884 Info Media Info: Item FilePath = /media/Visual/TV Shows/Wellington Paranormal (2018)/Season 04/Wellington Paranormal - S04E05 - Who The Hell - 1080p.mkv 
2022-08-21 23:20:24.082 Info Media Info: Video Track successfully Written & Exited with Code 134
2022-08-21 23:20:24.082 Info Media Info: Video Track Title Set to 1080p 
2022-08-21 23:20:24.094 Info Media Info: Item Tags found =  
2022-08-21 23:20:24.095 Info Media Info: PROCESSING OF Who the Hell HAS COMPLETED Successfully

I tried to set the plug-in settings to just do the video and not audio and from the log that seems to be working but I haven't had time to examine any of the mkv files.

Edited by Baenwort
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
13 minutes ago, gouden said:

Someone managed to set this up in unraid? 

What are your concerns? If emby can manage that system then the plugin should too.

sorry i never dabbled in raiding? Always left that to the Vikings lol

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

What are your concerns? If emby can manage that system then the plugin should too.

sorry i never dabbled in raiding? Always left that to the Vikings lol

Problem is with the location of mkvtoolnix and mediainfo cli

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, gouden said:

Problem is with the location of mkvtoolnix and mediainfo cli

Ok so you have two instances of the server. It is only looking for a file location. So point it to a local drive, the file location doesn’t rely on an emby server install you pick the location.

if that makes sense, it could be on a completely non raid drive… no issues