MediaInfo For Emby Plugin(HDR, Vision, Atmos, DTS:X)

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

Cheesey Productions brings you MediaInfo for Emby

Bringing your Media Info Formats up to Date (including HDR, Vision, Atmos, HLG, DTS:X, DVx, etc)

And HDR-SDR Image Extraction using tone mapping for clearer seek images

image.jpeg.cd60d885a03ab0d90fa05fa41ed6eb20.jpeg

Available from the plugin store

A huge shout out to @rbjtech for all his help with this. He was my knowledge base. Thanks Rich 👍👍

Please read the wiki page available that will help you get set up.

MEDIAiNFO WIKI PAGE

PLEASE NOTE THIS PLUGIN WILL MODIFY YOUR MKV EMBEDDED TRACK TITLES

Some examples

image.png.f49074db2c839611a1d9afe3285ca00e.png

image.png.3a32d37bedc7157fd920f667471fae69.png

image.png.5a408055fb15588c5b9854b55f87b157.png

image.png.d6512ac1a9f9ef1f6441657bd5786841.png

image.png.cce862586d4c9e9f0372f8c68e2bcf0d.png

Also you can add tags to your items

Enable the options in the settings and this will only add the tags for the unique formats the emby doesn't already take care of.

image.png.b2911dd2a88490cf8cabd83810745b8c.png

There are plently of options for you to chose from to get your media looking how you want

image.png.a3d8645eebf9c3f0a6d51d54bb868b7e.png

image.png.13d13f0f7deb38792fc75470c153b1ae.png

image.png.c7a655dd34dc32a5de10f49806cb3539.png

New Feature Added ----

HDR - SDR BIF File Creation using Mobius Algorithm for ToneMapping

This generates larger and crisper images for Chapters and 10Sec ThumbnailSets

WE URGE YOU TO READ THE WIKI PAGE 2 SO YOU UNDERSTAND FULLY WHAT'S INVOLVED :) 

HDR-SDR IMAGE GENERATOR WIKI

Settings can be found at the bottom of the media info page.

image.png.a0f01b61264d07a535b695ee2b929bdf.png

Feed back is always good.  

After replacing the dll always remember to clear your browser cache and restart it, to load new changes in the UI.

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4

Ferwin29

Hi @Cheesegeezer, in macOs, the plugin doesn't work (the executables paths are corrects but i launched the task, it lasted 0 seconds). 

I think it's the name of the executable that is incorrect (the wiki refers to an .exe). Can we have, instead of the path of the executable, the executable itself?

Cheesegeezer
6 minutes ago, Ferwin29 said:

Hi @Cheesegeezer, in macOs, the plugin doesn't work (the executables paths are corrects but i launched the task, it lasted 0 seconds). 

I think it's the name of the executable that is incorrect (the wiki refers to an .exe). Can we have, instead of the path of the executable, the executable itself?

What’s the exe for mac called

yeah I’ll see if we can do that using built in emby components for UI

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Ferwin29

For MediaInfoCLI, it's mediainfo

For mkvpropedit, it's mkvpropedit

There is no extension and all names are in lowercase.

Cheesegeezer
36 minutes ago, Ferwin29 said:

Sorry, I’m moving my cows at the moment.

Ill get something sorted for you shortly 

julianb

OMG, finally! This is something I've been waiting for. Thank you so much for making this. This should be added to the official build or at least added to the plugin catalog when it's ready. I don't have any test servers running atm, so unfortunately I have to wait.. I will be following this thread.

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer
49 minutes ago, julianb said:

OMG, finally! This is something I've been waiting for. Thank you so much for making this. This should be added to the official build or at least added to the plugin catalog when it's ready. I don't have any test servers running atm, so unfortunately I have to wait.. I will be following this thread.

Let see how some of the guys testing this initial release do.  I think it's almost there Ferwin found a bug, so i can hopefully do a file picker. Then it will go in the catalogue

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
16 hours ago, Ferwin29 said:

I can’t get a file picker to work so i can inject a work around for the time being. I’m away this weekend so will be Monday before i can get anything to you.

cheers

Cheesegeezer

@Ferwin29

So if i add another input field for the filename, for both then this should work. 

i know FFMpeg can do this also, for all files, not just mkv, but I’m not sure if it needs to copy to a temp file and then back to original filename, which seems a lot of work. Ill do some testing. If it can just overwrite using the  “-y” CLI then this might be a better way to go.

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

For those that have managed to test, i would really like to hear your feed back please.

if it just works, great!

if options are confusing, please let me know

if there are any bugs you’ve noticed.

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, wolong_zb said:

can  not support linux system?

Question or statement?

it should support all, but its only been tested on windows so feedback is important 

wolong_zb

Thank you for developing the plugin.
Under the ubuntu system running on my emby server, mediainfo and mkvtoolnix are installed by default in the /usr/bin/ directory, and the paths are: /usr/bin/mediainfo and /usr/bin/mkvpropedit;
I tracked and found that the actual path of your dll call is /usr/bin\MediaInfo.exe, which is not legal in linux.
I'm guessing the reason may not be based on the system type to call the command without the path.

Edited by wolong_zb

Cheesegeezer

Thank you for developing the plugin.
Under the ubuntu system running on my emby server, mediainfo and mkvtoolnix are installed by default in the /usr/bin/ directory, and the paths are: /usr/bin/mediainfo and /usr/bin/mkvpropedit;
I tracked and found that the actual path of your dll call is /usr/bin\MediaInfo.exe, which is not legal in linux.

how did you track? 

I'm guessing the reason may not be based on the system type to call the command without the path.

A fix is on it’s way. Which will be Monday most likely 

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

@Ferwin29  @wolong_zb

I managed to sneak in while the missus was in the shower.

This will now let you select the appropriate file.  Luke gave me the heads up with one line of code and it works like a charm.

Test this and please let me know how you got on

I also updated the first post with the new dll file for emby server.

Emby.MediaInfo.dll

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MagicDoubleM
2 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

@Ferwin29  @wolong_zb

I managed to sneak in while the missus was in the shower.

This will now let you select the appropriate file.  Luke gave me the heads up with one line of code and it works like a charm.

Test this and please let me know how you got on

I also updated the first post with the new dll file for emby server.

Emby.MediaInfo.dll 692 kB · 0 downloads

Nice timing... I just installed the other version and didn't get it working, came back to the forum, and now it's doing its thing and runs through the lib. 😀

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
51 minutes ago, MagicDoubleM said:

Nice timing... I just installed the other version and didn't get it working, came back to the forum, and now it's doing its thing and runs through the lib. 😀

Thanks, let me know how it goes please 

• Like 1

MagicDoubleM
25 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Thanks, let me know how it goes please 

So far, things look great. A few Dolby Vision files, those without fallback, don't get recognized as such, but that's not on you, I guess.

Besides, I'm totally a bit nitpicking here:
- I'd prefer to have codec information for those files with HDR-tags, when codec info is enabled.
- And why not write SDR in where it belongs?
That way it would look more consistent to my eyes, and it would leave no questions open.

About the Audio section, getting the bitrate in there too would be great. Shortening the language to 2 or 3 letters could give also some room.

MagicDoubleM

One more thought. I think it would be great if you change the file-date back to where it was before the plugin made it's modifications (or use the one that is stored in emby's database - which might be good for those who now have a full library of files from today 😅)

Edited by MagicDoubleM

Ferwin29

Thanks @Cheesegeezer, the plugin runs for the movie with the new version (except some movies in 1080p, I'll see why tomorrow).

For the shows, it doesn't work even if i enable it. I'll disable / re enable it and relaunch the script.

MagicDoubleM

Last one, the option to put "REMUX" in, could it be enhanced to also look for WEB-DL and such commonly used strings? Maybe also look for abbreviations of streaming-providers to put their full name back in?

Seriously the last one, it should be mentioned somewhere, that this plugin actually touches/changes the media-files, rewrites tags (which btw could be enhanced further to rewrite proper titles and such...)

Okay, I'm out.

Great work, it's one of those functionalities I've been missing a lot, without really realizing it. 😅 Thank you very much.

Cheesegeezer
12 minutes ago, jsc1205 said:

Will this eventually become available in the Plugin catalog?

Yes, we need to test first, and remove bugs. Before it’s plugin worthy.

this is the testing phase

• Like 1