4.7.1.0 will not start

reedfh

reedfh

4.7.1.0 installed fine on my netgear readynas, but it won't start up... the nas attempts to start it, but it failed. the error is "Emby Server failed to turn on"

rebooted the nas, but had no effect... re-installed the upgrade, but didn't help.

not sure what to try... the upgrade is simply a matter for uploading the binary.

Happy2Play

Can you get to the logs folder?  If so, is a log created, if it is can you post it.

paulnheshi

I installed "emby-server-netgear_4.7.1.0_amd64.deb" on a ReadyNAS 528 and get the same problem... App will not start.

image.png.e7b44b006cdc51b75ebd91e5c536ccd5.png

Reinstalled "emby-server-netgear_4.7.0.60_amd64.deb" and everything is fine again.

reedfh

installed emby-server-netgear_4.7.1.0_amd64. sounds like i have the same thing as paulnheshi. I have a ReadyNAS 424. 

I did look quickly for the last release to reinstall it, but couldn't locate it quickly, so quit looking... i had concerns that I might corrupt the database trying to install it, since the NAS reported that the 4.7.1.0 did install... sometimes downgrading sometimes isn't as easy as re-installing the older version. But it sounds like paulnheshi didn't have issues.  I'll try that unless anyone has a better suggestion.

as for logs, the only mention in the ReadyNAS logs are the successful installation: 

"May 25, 2022 09:35:26 PMSystem: Application emby-server is installed successfully."

There is nothing in the NAS logs for the failure to launch.

I've never accessed the root directory of the NAS to look at the app folders and related logs. I'd need to do some research to see how. 

Hi, thanks for reporting. We've updated the packages. Can you please try downloading again from the website and installing on top of your existing version? Thanks !

17 minutes ago, reedfh said:

Thanks Luke, that fixed it. up and running again... :)

Thanks for the feedback.