No compatible streams on downloaded content

digighost

digighost

Hi

I'm having some issues with content that I've downloaded to play offline. As an example, I downloaded 5 episodes of a TV show, all using the same mechanism: go into TV, into the show, into the individual episode, download, choose 4Mbps, done. They get downloaded to the SD card on my device (Samsung Galaxy Tab A).

I was able to watch one episode on the train in the morning (offline). However, trying to watch the next episode going home on the train (still offline) gives me the classic "no compatible streams are currently available. please try again later or contact your system administrator for details." 

However, the file still exists, and is playable - if I find it using my file explorer app I can open it and play it in MX Player.

It's not the first time this has happened - a similar thing happened having downloaded some films for the kids to watch on a long car trip. All of a sudden it can't play any, and I have to guide them through finding an opening the file in MX Player.

Is there any reason why this keeps happening, or anything I can do to avoid it?

MBSki

I'm having the same issue. I believe this was reported a few days ago too. What phone are you using? I'm using a Moto G which is having issues and I believe another user with a Moto G had the issue as well.

@Luke Any luck tracking down the issue?

digighost

Hi

Sure, I downloaded an installed from the link above, but get the same result. Note that I didn't uninstall the app that was already on the device, just installed the new one in its place.

I've attached two log files. I tried agin this morning (30th May), which can be found at the very end of the large log, and the whole of the smaller.

I did two actions:

1. Tried opening a movie. With this I actually saw a different message - "Content no longer available"
  2. Tried opening a TV show and still get the same message.

Note that both of the files that I tried to open are in the relevant emby_downloads subfolders, which is on the SD card.

Both files also open if I navigate to them directly in explorer and open them in MX PLayer.

Thanks for your help

2eb25d08-312c-452b-b312-c8b5a0ecc38d.log.txt bdaee584-e002-4233-917e-92976634e8f3.log.txt