Tizen 1.2.8 new music view

Painkiller8818

Painkiller8818

Hi,

I saw there is a new view for music, which zooms or focuses on the actual running song while playing music or a playlist.

I haven't found a way to change it back the old way so i assume there is no option for this.

The reason why i would like to have the old view back or an option to choose between is:

I can't see the next song, and as the new samsung TVs does no longer have a full remote i don't have a skip button or similar, so i need to go back and jump over to the next song when i wanna skip something.

Would it be possible to bring back the old view where i can see the next songs, or implement it in the new view?
It was more user friendly when someone wanna skip a song, as there also are no Controls while in this new focused mode i also can't simply click to skip. So all the recently made changes with the progress bar etc are now useless as i don't have them in this view. There is no Progress bar, no controls etc.

image.thumb.png.2927e3234d449dcd994a8e4b162779af.png

Maybe someone else also have some hints on possible improvements for the new view. I am not against it, i just have less infos or no infos for next songs and no controls at all in this view.

Thanks

Edited by Painkiller8818

FrostByte

It's automatic like the ATV app so that you can see more of the backdrop.  If you click Return you can see the playlist again.  The timer on the thing is real quick though.

Painkiller8818
2 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

It's automatic like the ATV app so that you can see more of the backdrop.  If you click Return you can see the playlist again.  The timer on the thing is real quick though.

yes i know but i would like to see the next song and a quick way to skip. I found the old view more useful, the new one doesn't even have a runtime and progress bar/actual position

FrostByte

I like it, but maybe an option to turn it off.

I do see a couple other issues with it too.

• If you click return to see the playlist and OSD it comes right back even if you're scrolling through the OSD on the playlist view.  The timer for it to begin needs to keep resetting while you're scrolling.  Sort of like a screen saver
  • a little more time on the switch would be nice.  It seems too quick

1 hour ago, FrostByte said:

I like it, but maybe an option to turn it off.

I do see a couple other issues with it too.

• If you click return to see the playlist and OSD it comes right back even if you're scrolling through the OSD on the playlist view.  The timer for it to begin needs to keep resetting while you're scrolling.  Sort of like a screen saver
  • a little more time on the switch would be nice.  It seems too quick

There's no animated transition out so that needs to be improved, yes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Painkiller8818 said:

yes i know but i would like to see the next song and a quick way to skip. I found the old view more useful, the new one doesn't even have a runtime and progress bar/actual position

You can still use the physical remote to skip via the transport buttons.

Yes options are possible, but if you add lyrics, this is the only way to see the lyrics.

Painkiller8818
2 hours ago, Luke said:

You can still use the physical remote to skip via the transport buttons.

No i can't as i wrote new samsung tvs have a very slim and limited remote, i just can click to jump forwad (this will do the 30 sec jumps) But there is no skip button on these remotes.

image.png.fccb4190de2bc73aa5b5503c76efffdd.png

FrostByte

ATV uses the RIGHT and LEFT arrow to skip tracks in this view, but I notice ET uses that for FF/RW

You also have the UP and DOWN arrow which do nothing right now

image.thumb.jpeg.c0a38510bb21765c83bc5c52fb1a96b7.jpeg

FrostByte

Instead of a timeline something smaller like this might do and still look good with lyrics on there.

Depends on where you're putting the lyrics the play clock could move too

image.png.37ccb754960a4a551a114c7100a6df80.png

• 2 weeks later...
DogBronson

Yes, I have to say I also greatly prefer the old view. If there were an option to have just the timeline that would be great. Personally I don't use lyrics and have no desire to, so the new view also just feels empty and pointless, whereas the timeline view can be useful.

We are still working on improving it. There will be more updates in the next version. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Painkiller8818

The new update 1.2.9 does not have any changes for the music view.
Can we get back the old view or an option to select which one we would like?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2022 at 5:03 PM, Painkiller8818 said:

The new update 1.2.9 does not have any changes for the music view.
Can we get back the old view or an option to select which one we would like?

The old view can't accommodate newer features, so therefore it can't come back. But options to control it can certainly be added.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Please add the ability to skip tracks in the new view using the remote (not the OSD). 

• Thanks 1