random restart app

stefsegers

stefsegers

Hi guys, I use the Mac app and I see that the app randomly restarts. It does not matter if the app does nothing or plays media.

When playing media the app restarts, but media keeps on playing in the background, so you don't see anything but hear the audio only. When you go beack into the menu and play the same media again it goes on where the app restarted.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this random reboot?

• 3 months later...
stefsegers

is there any update yet? Just downloaded the latest verion of the Mac app, but still the same crashes/restarts :(

• 2 weeks later...

I have download the latest MacOS app. It work fine on Intel iMac but crashes every time on my new Mac studio. A bit disappointed as Emby is my frequently used app and it doesn't work on my new toy. 

Appreciated if you could update the app. Thank you.

• 4 months later...

Same issue here on M1 Macbook Air running macOS Venture 13.0.1. It is bugging me for months, happening at least 4-5 per movie, making it almost impossible to watch anything on my laptop when travelling. Any updates on the issue?

Hi, we're about to have a new release of Emby for macOS, so please let us know how that compares once available. Thanks.