Lost the Back arrow and library scan doesnt seem to work

CharleyVarrick

CharleyVarrick

1) Back arrow: When in a specific page ( a movie, a tv show, an actor, anything), the back arrow on top left has disappeared.

2) I noticed something wrong with my music video library, so from Windows, to force a good thorough scan, I moved the parent folder out of monitored range, then performed a library scan, and Emby doesn't show a progress wheel, and going back in music video page, they're still all listed (but obviously unplayable)

Hi there, why do you think there's a problem with the library scan? 

CharleyVarrick

its been 3 hours+ since I moved the music video library from its usual place to an unmonitored area.

I have clicked 3 or 4 time on scan (this) library.

1) progress circle does not appear on home page/dashboard/dashboard-libraries

2) when I select music video, the item counter hasn't budged and show all items, though none are playable.

Edited by CharleyVarrick

1 minute ago, CharleyVarrick said:

its been 3 hours+ since I moved the music video library from its usual place to an unmonitored area.

I have clicked 3 or 4 time on scan (this) library.

1) progress circle does not appear on home page/dashboard/dashboard-libraries

2) when I select music video, the item counter hasn't budged and show all items (though none are playable

Did you check that the realtime monitor is enabled on that library?

Please go over a specific example. Thanks.

CharleyVarrick
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Did you check that the realtime monitor is enabled on that library?

Please go over a specific example. Thanks.

Although I doubt it makes any difference in this case*, rtm is enabled on that library.

Specific example: What info do you need that is not already present in my original post ?

*Once the actual parent folder is hidden from Emby, I manually initiate a library scan, as opposed to wait until rtm and/or daily scheduled scan take place

Discussion of a file, naming, organization and the corresponding server log from when you did that. Thanks.

CharleyVarrick

Not seeing any progress, I resorted to remove the library from emby's dashboard/libraries, then add it back.

What about my first question, whereabouts of the back arrow present on media detail pages.

It worked more like an Up arrow, which was useful. My browser only has a back button, no Up button.

We'll take a look at it, but the browser back button does the same thing.

CharleyVarrick
34 minutes ago, Luke said:

but the browser back button does the same thing.

I disagree. The Back and Up buttons are different, the former Emby back button actually performed as a Up button.

This is very cool and desirable.

Example:

Go in a movie media page and click on 4 or 5 links.

Now if you use the browser's back button it brings you step by step thru all previous forward browsing.

The Emby "back button would bring you straight up one folder

From artist in a movie up to that movie, from season up to serie, from a library up to home page, etc).

Edited by CharleyVarrick

You may think of them as different and that's fine, but I can tell you that functionally they do the same thing. Our back button just executes the same function that the browser back button does. It's all perception.

visproduction

CSS back button fix worked for me, but I have highly custom css.  Try it out.

button.headerBackButton.headerButton.hide-mouse-idle-tv.md-icon.paper-icon-button-light.headerBackButton-showfullscreen {
    font-size: 32px;
    color: #44e355;
    display: block !important;
    width: 43px;
}

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Happy2Play

Technically the back button does exist, just not in windowed mode only fullscreen.  Thought we got it back in 4.7.0.60 but gone again in 4.7.1.0.  But knew we would have multiple topics on this.

• Like 1