Emby app icon image wrong size

alonnitzan

alonnitzan

Hi Guys

Just want to find out if you guys have road mapped an issue where the Emby icon on the navbar is big and rectangle ( Older Tizen ). When installing the app on the newer Tizen OS version, it would to be great to get a resized icon image which is a lot smaller and square.

TV: Samsung Q70T (2020)

Please let me know if i need to explain this more

Thanks for the great work @SamES

SamES

Hi, can you please send a photo of what you are seeing on your model TV?

alonnitzan
11 hours ago, SamES said:

Hi, can you please send a photo of what you are seeing on your model TV?

Hi, I hope the image above suffices

SamES

That's odd as their docs say that it must be a rectangle image

App Icons and Screenshots | Samsung Developers

Are you referring to the app version from the store, or the USB Beta install?

I think your image is from the USB beta installation as the app store logo is slightly different.

On the USB installation we only have the choice to use a singe image.  I'm not sure what would happen if we made it square as it would affect all platforms (old and new)

alonnitzan
14 minutes ago, SamES said:

That's odd as their docs say that it must be a rectangle image

App Icons and Screenshots | Samsung Developers

Are you referring to the app version from the store, or the USB Beta install?

I think your image is from the USB beta installation as the app store logo is slightly different.

On the USB installation we only have the choice to use a singe image.  I'm not sure what would happen if we made it square as it would affect all platforms (old and new)

USB install as the app is not available in my region (South Africa) 

Looking at table 2-2 in that link the icon looks square

SamES
4 minutes ago, alonnitzan said:

Looking at table 2-2 in that link the icon looks square

Yes, another inconsistency in their docs.

Unfortunately we don't have the option to do this on the USB install.  I can try a square image and I'll see what it looks like when it gets rendered on older models that use a rectangle image.

For the app store submission, the formats are different, and I can't even tell you which one is actually used on the TV (I don't have the app in my region either!)

image.thumb.png.367c8975073f5805425650c001e534c9.png

alonnitzan
21 minutes ago, SamES said:

Yes, another inconsistency in their docs.

Unfortunately we don't have the option to do this on the USB install.  I can try a square image and I'll see what it looks like when it gets rendered on older models that use a rectangle image.

For the app store submission, the formats are different, and I can't even tell you which one is actually used on the TV (I don't have the app in my region either!)

image.thumb.png.367c8975073f5805425650c001e534c9.png

Thank you for looking into this :) . Its a pity you cannot make the icon square on the USB install. Is there any way to decompile the app use a square icon and recompile it my OCD is working overtime?

Edited by alonnitzan

SamES
14 minutes ago, alonnitzan said:

Thank you for looking into this :) . Its a pity you cannot make the icon square on the USB install. Is there any way to decompile the app use a square icon and recompile it my OCD is working overtime?

There's not a way to do that.  Let me try a square image and see what it looks like on older models.

alonnitzan
4 minutes ago, SamES said:

There's not a way to do that.  Let me try a square image and see what it looks like on older models.

Thank you :) 

• 3 weeks later...
SamES
On 26/05/2022 at 22:54, SamES said:

I had a try of this, but unlike your device which changes the tile size from square to rectangle, on older devices they are always rectangle, so a square logo image gets very distorted.  Unfortunately the USB build only allows a single logo size, whereas the app store version support multiple sizes.  There isn't much more that can be done here.  Sorry.